ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Non Driving duty

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
roxysmusic
Posts: 4
Joined: 05 Dec 2010, 10:27
Gender: Male

Non Driving duty

Post by roxysmusic »

Hi all , first time posting here. Two part question - I’ve been in the job about 9 yrs now . Signed for a new duty (one of the heaviest in the office ) as I fancied a change and also wanted to come off driving. I’ve done my new duty once since I signed ! I am basically being used as reserve as my duty is being covered by outsiders from another office which is really getting to me. Is there anything I can do about this and secondly can I refuse to drive on other duties as I have now signed for the non - driving duty on a park and loop? Any advice welcome please.
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

Non Driving duty

Post by redneck »

Grievance process, bring your rep in with you. and follow it through. https://www.cwu.org/wp-content/uploads/ ... Policy.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is NOT paper based now, you don't need to fill in any grievance form. It is often the only way to ensure you get to work on the duty you have picked. Many managers usually try to ignore the picking of duties, they like to have full control over you and what they want you to do. They usually say only you know this duty, that duty, but lack of training of other staff as alternative cover is not a reason to ignore picking of a duty and your wishes to work on it.