ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Pregnancy related sickness
-
B12e88
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 26 May 2019, 17:30
- Gender: Female
Pregnancy related sickness
Been off 3 days sick this week due to morning sickness. Managers txt after 2 days to get me in for a "management interview". Reminded them pregnancy absense is treated differently from normal absense per the equality act. Line manager got the dom to phone me who reminded me I finished early 2 weeks ago and he didn't dock my pay? Not sure whether to take out a grievance or is it worth the extra stress? Any advice is appreciated
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3221
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Pregnancy related sickness
Hes not allowed to dock your pay for finishing early after the fact anyway even if he wanted to.
I'd speak to your union rep as the two issues are completely unrelated and its improper conduct from the DOM
I'd speak to your union rep as the two issues are completely unrelated and its improper conduct from the DOM
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
B12e88
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 26 May 2019, 17:30
- Gender: Female
Pregnancy related sickness
True - just didn't see the relevance in it with me being off with morning sickness! Clutching at straws!
-
B12e88
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 26 May 2019, 17:30
- Gender: Female
Pregnancy related sickness
Union rep has also been fab.
But has suggested going into this meeting and putting in a grievence after. Just seems like they will get away with stressing out a pregnant woman over something I can't control!
But has suggested going into this meeting and putting in a grievence after. Just seems like they will get away with stressing out a pregnant woman over something I can't control!
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3221
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Pregnancy related sickness
I'd advise you to just tell them you dont feel well enough to attend work including any meetings, you will keep in contact and will let them know when you are fit to return to work as is procedure.
The face to face meeting at work is not mandatory at this stage no matter how they might try and make you think it is - you are self certifying after all.
The face to face meeting at work is not mandatory at this stage no matter how they might try and make you think it is - you are self certifying after all.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Pregnancy related sickness
Docking pay for finishing early? The rubbish these idiots come out with is laughable. I wish I had a manager like this, I’d tear them a new one.
As for your sickness take as much time off as you please, all sickness due to pregnancy is disregarded and doesn’t form part of your sickness record.
As for your sickness take as much time off as you please, all sickness due to pregnancy is disregarded and doesn’t form part of your sickness record.
-
B12e88
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 26 May 2019, 17:30
- Gender: Female
Pregnancy related sickness
I have had to remind them of that about 4 times now. The last time I did that's when I had the dom phoning saying I finished early 1 day 2 weeks ago! He doesn't seem to mind any1 else finishing well before their time - which there are alot!
-
sf25
- Posts: 43
- Joined: 22 Apr 2012, 13:57
- Gender: Male
Pregnancy related sickness
As others have mentioned , they cannot dock pay for you finishing early so should not have even been mentioned.B12e88 wrote:I have had to remind them of that about 4 times now. The last time I did that's when I had the dom phoning saying I finished early 1 day 2 weeks ago! He doesn't seem to mind any1 else finishing well before their time - which there are alot!
The last thing you will need at the moment is stress so just stick to staying off when you are sick as it should not go down on a sickness record.
All the best with your pregnancy. My partner is expecting our first child so I know how sick she can be.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Pregnancy related sickness
the docking of pay comment was nothing more than them trying to say "we helped you out and now you go off sick" type thing.
Im guessing you had an appointment and did a half day rather than just finishing your duty early that day ? if it was just finishing early, then its very strange theyd mention it at all.
Im guessing you had an appointment and did a half day rather than just finishing your duty early that day ? if it was just finishing early, then its very strange theyd mention it at all.
-
B12e88
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 26 May 2019, 17:30
- Gender: Female
Pregnancy related sickness
So I was actually on a phased return to work. So it was week 3 of a protracted 4-6 week return after being off with anxiety/stress. So I'm even more baffled as to why he's bringing that up
-
sf25
- Posts: 43
- Joined: 22 Apr 2012, 13:57
- Gender: Male
Pregnancy related sickness
That is even worse. You have been off with anxiety/stress and they are in a way causing more stress.B12e88 wrote:So I was actually on a phased return to work. So it was week 3 of a protracted 4-6 week return after being off with anxiety/stress. So I'm even more baffled as to why he's bringing that up
We had a work time learning about mental health in the work place a few weeks ago and I was shocked that a serious thing like that was literally just spoke about for 2 minutes while we were at our frames but I have had to sit and watch videos in the break room on RMTV about stamps or something for 20minutes.
-
Gangham_style14
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 15 Feb 2017, 19:12
- Gender: Male
Pregnancy related sickness
I’m fuming reading this !!!! Honestly Managers at Rm are absolutely diabolical!!!!!!
-
B12e88
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 26 May 2019, 17:30
- Gender: Female
Pregnancy related sickness
Yeah my rep is also really not happy with everything . She has forwarded it to the equality officer for the area so waiting to see what, if anything, will come from that.
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Pregnancy related sickness
Yes, take it the whole road.. That's shocking not just for a RM kid on manager but also just from another human being. Good luck with everything.B12e88 wrote:Yeah my rep is also really not happy with everything . She has forwarded it to the equality officer for the area so waiting to see what, if anything, will come from that.
-
B12e88
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 26 May 2019, 17:30
- Gender: Female
Pregnancy related sickness
Cheers!
Currently off with a sickline to destress from them!
Currently off with a sickline to destress from them!