Hi
I have been conditionally offered a position with another company (depending on medical and drug screening). I have just had 2 weeks annual leave but with having 4 days carried over from last year and one of the days being a Bank Holiday...I have only really used 5 days.
Am I right in thinking that as I am deducted on each wage for POAL that I will probably be owed money back when I leave?
I would just like to know as I am certain Royal Mail will try and hold money back where they can.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How will POAL effect when I leave Royal mail?
-
sf25
- Posts: 43
- Joined: 22 Apr 2012, 13:57
- Gender: Male
-
Route1
- Posts: 369
- Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
- Gender: Female
How will POAL effect when I leave Royal mail?
2 weeks off = 10 days? (assuming you work a 5 day week & also you work the same number of hours everyweek)
Worked 2 (April + May) months out of 12. 2 / 12 = 1/6 of your annual leave entitlement for this year.
I'm assuming you're buying the max annual leave = 6 weeks off.
6 * 1/6 = 1 week = 5 days.
4 days carried over + 1 day Bank Holiday = 5 days.
10 days (holidays taken) - 5 days (leave carried over) - 5 days (actual leave earned to date) = 0
These are rough figures but it may be you have taken what annual leave you have earned to date. Although my figures can be completely wrong.
Worked 2 (April + May) months out of 12. 2 / 12 = 1/6 of your annual leave entitlement for this year.
I'm assuming you're buying the max annual leave = 6 weeks off.
6 * 1/6 = 1 week = 5 days.
4 days carried over + 1 day Bank Holiday = 5 days.
10 days (holidays taken) - 5 days (leave carried over) - 5 days (actual leave earned to date) = 0
These are rough figures but it may be you have taken what annual leave you have earned to date. Although my figures can be completely wrong.
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
How will POAL effect when I leave Royal mail?
Sa
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 00:54, edited 1 time in total.
-
sf25
- Posts: 43
- Joined: 22 Apr 2012, 13:57
- Gender: Male
How will POAL effect when I leave Royal mail?
Thanks for the help. Sounds like I have roughly worked what I am owed so wont make too much difference. It may be another month or more before I leave anyway, cant hand in my notice until I have has a successful medical and receive a proper offer.