ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

PDA's constantly crashing

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

PDA's constantly crashing

Post by eastie »

Up to 6 times a day on my semi rural round , is this a normal occurance or have I a dodgy one?
broughts
Posts: 334
Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 19:09
Gender: Male

PDA's constantly crashing

Post by broughts »

Dodgy one ask for a new one or at least a different one
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

PDA's constantly crashing

Post by Celgar »

Six crashes a day seems a little excessive. I regularly have the application software crash once a day and usually know it's going to happen because the barcodes zapped don't get sent. Today was busy so I think it reached 70 items zapped before it closed down. I deliver in a fairly rural area with very poor mobile phone reception so it may be that these problems are location based. It has been happening for a long time if not since the new PDAs were introduced.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

PDA's constantly crashing

Post by maisymoo04 »

I hate it when your on a collection and it crashes and have to reboot it while your standing there like a idiot :nervous :shock:
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
kookoo32
Posts: 187
Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

PDA's constantly crashing

Post by kookoo32 »

On mine the light jams on and won't switch off just before the PDA crashes. I'm walking about blinding myself trying to get it to switch off. I have to restart it at least once a day due to different application crashed/failed messages. You can't beat standing at someone's door with them waiting until your PDA reboots so they can sign for their SD. A lot of my colleagues say the same so they can't all be dodgy can they? :Very Happy
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

PDA's constantly crashing

Post by Celgar »

Some say to do a reboot before each time you actually start using the PDA. Then it's supposed not to crash.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
shizsco
Posts: 49
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 12:49
Gender: Male
Location: alderran

PDA's constantly crashing

Post by shizsco »

There's an I.T phone number in the phone section of the pda. Phone them yourself if manager can't be bothered.
yakima
Posts: 16
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 17:04
Gender: Male

PDA's constantly crashing

Post by yakima »

shizsco wrote:There's an I.T phone number in the phone section of the pda. Phone them yourself if manager can't be bothered.
Are you a manager?
GT85
Posts: 365
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male
Location: ASDO

PDA's constantly crashing

Post by GT85 »

Its not a proper day unless you have sworn at your PDA a couple of times :Very Happy
We're all here because we're not all there
2Shedz
Posts: 50
Joined: 28 Dec 2017, 08:45
Gender: Male

PDA's constantly crashing

Post by 2Shedz »

Mine 2
at least twice a day minimum
an unexpected error has occurred
No point saying anything to a manager
waste of time