ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Time of for partners c section

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
tonyt450
Posts: 68
Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 19:08
Gender: Male

Time of for partners c section

Post by tonyt450 »

Hi hoping for your help, me and my partner was due to have the baby on the 16th of June, so with rest days and leave and paternity I've booked 5weeks to be there from the 14th of June (long weekend that week).

However as the baby is breach we are booked for a c-section on the 12th of June, having spoke to the DOM about booking the days off or having 3 days unpaid he's come back and said I will have to start paternity leave that week, which I have said is bollocks because baby has to be born so paternity can start.

The dom has basically said he cannot guarantee giving me special leave as apparently there is other special leave and annual leave requests that have been granted.

I told him in no uncertain terms that I will be off from the 11th but just looking for some advice from you wonderful people on what to do next.
The Postman
Posts: 267
Joined: 10 May 2017, 14:41
Gender: Male

Time of for partners c section

Post by The Postman »

tonyt450 wrote:Hi hoping for your help, me and my partner was due to have the baby on the 16th of June, so with rest days and leave and paternity I've booked 5weeks to be there from the 14th of June (long weekend that week).

However as the baby is breach we are booked for a c-section on the 12th of June, having spoke to the DOM about booking the days off or having 3 days unpaid he's come back and said I will have to start paternity leave that week, which I have said is bollocks because baby has to be born so paternity can start.

The dom has basically said he cannot guarantee giving me special leave as apparently there is other special leave and annual leave requests that have been granted.

I told him in no uncertain terms that I will be off from the 11th but just looking for some advice from you wonderful people on what to do next.
Your paternity starts on the day the baby is born, in your case with a c-section on the 12th of June. Your entitled to 2 weeks paternity pay, It cannot start before the baby is born.

https://www.gov.uk/paternity-pay-leave/leave

Print this page and give it to your Dom. It’s the law. If he still disagrees get your rep involved. However, if you are in disagreement about getting special leave in addition to paternity pay, this doesn’t have to be provided, only your 2 weeks paternity from the 12th June onwards.
tonyt450
Posts: 68
Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 19:08
Gender: Male

Time of for partners c section

Post by tonyt450 »

Thanks for reply, I've asked months ago for paternity to start on 17th which was granted and happy to keep it as that, 2 weeks paternity and 3 weeks leave. I just need 3days off which is aggravation.
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Time of for partners c section

Post by Navalron »

I can't believe how low these so called managers will go. Also it doesn't seem to be the odd one that's a bastard now. Has any postie out there still got a decent DOM/LINO still in the job. My experience was that most were good and let you go early, paid mega ghosting and you got your leave when you wanted it. No problems with rocket payments, paid time off for funeral ect. It just seems like their mostly clueless how to look after and get the best out of their staff. :thumbdown
earthquake
Posts: 12
Joined: 16 Jul 2012, 12:25
Gender: Male

Time of for partners c section

Post by earthquake »

I had paid special leave 5 days