ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Repick of duty

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Charliecat
Posts: 92
Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
Gender: Female

Repick of duty

Post by Charliecat »

I don't know how it works but what happens if there is a repick and you choose one that someone else does and is happy with? You get it as you've been there longer but what has been the backlash? Are you looked at badly for taking a duty from some one else ? Not got to this yet but it's just a "what if?" question.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Repick of duty

Post by Postie45 »

no ? this is how the system works. Other guy will get to pick a duty he wants when hes been at RM longer.
matthew68
Posts: 516
Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
Gender: Male

Repick of duty

Post by matthew68 »

Charliecat wrote:I don't know how it works but what happens if there is a repick and you choose one that someone else does and is happy with? You get it as you've been there longer but what has been the backlash? Are you looked at badly for taking a duty from some one else ? Not got to this yet but it's just a "what if?" question.
doesnt exist at our place Dom’s says he decides who does what duty!
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Repick of duty

Post by Celgar »

Resigns always cause bad feelings, arguments, and discord. If RM can avoid having them they do. On the last resign we had I lost my walk but less than three days in the other guy was getting stressed about prepping the walk so we swapped back. I would have quit the job rather than stay on the walk I had ended up on. To my mind no matter the job if you don't enjoy it you should move on and find a better one.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

Repick of duty

Post by redneck »

Repick is the only just way of deciding your own destiny rather than allowing corrupt managers to manipulate staffing based on their own ideas of performance to how they see the office should run. It provides at least a base to what you should be doing every day, they will try and interfere, but you can refer to that in any arguments
paddytoon
Posts: 16
Joined: 03 Jun 2011, 19:06
Gender: Male

Repick of duty

Post by paddytoon »

The last repick we had, I had the choice of staying on as floater, which I hated, or taking a duty off someone who'd done that duty for 3 years. Prior to me starting that duty the guy I'd taken it off went whinging to all the customers that I'd stolen his round, forced him out etc. They even wrote to the DOM and the Local papers trying to stop me from doing it. I've a brass neck so thought sod him and sod them. It's now been my duty for over 4 years and some have died or moved. Most now accept me but there's a diehard group who wont even acknowledge me. All down to the whinging of the previous encumbent dickhead.
antcpfc
Posts: 629
Joined: 18 Sep 2007, 17:25

Repick of duty

Post by antcpfc »

matthew68 wrote:
Charliecat wrote:I don't know how it works but what happens if there is a repick and you choose one that someone else does and is happy with? You get it as you've been there longer but what has been the backlash? Are you looked at badly for taking a duty from some one else ? Not got to this yet but it's just a "what if?" question.
doesnt exist at our place Dom’s says he decides who does what duty!
Really? I can't believe what some posties allow to go on at their office.
Slider tool. Lol.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Repick of duty

Post by maisymoo04 »

matthew68 wrote:
Charliecat wrote:I don't know how it works but what happens if there is a repick and you choose one that someone else does and is happy with? You get it as you've been there longer but what has been the backlash? Are you looked at badly for taking a duty from some one else ? Not got to this yet but it's just a "what if?" question.
doesnt exist at our place Dom’s says he decides who does what duty!
:shock: :shock: :no no :no no :no no :no no :no no :no no :no no :no no :no no :no no :no no :no no
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
bogstandard
Posts: 1074
Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16

Repick of duty

Post by bogstandard »

seniority is king, people don't like change and resigns provide an opportunity to reset the balance. my personal view is that it's my duty till i get signed out of it. Good duties exist because of good posties. Good posties look after the duty. i look after my duty and expect someone more senior to sign for it in any resign. when i started you spoke to the duty holder to find out how they did it and worked to their instructions, i still do if the need arises. nowadays newer (and some seasoned) recruits don't they just rip the arse out of it because they can so they can go home or do docket. in the long run this just enables more revisions (which they already dont like) and absorption. The business plays the long game because it's made easy by us.
Back to the OP you can only ever sign for whats left unless you're NO1. in the office and even then you can only sign for what's available so sign for the "best" of what's left, your seniority permits it.
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
Pathfinder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 208
Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
Gender: Male

Repick of duty

Post by Pathfinder »

I'd love a repick in ours, half of them need a right kick up the arse and wouldn't know what hit them.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Repick of duty

Post by maisymoo04 »

I did I just sat at the back and smiled to meself and looked around saying kiss goodbye 51 posties in our place I was number 6, 4 of them cant drive :Very Happy :Very Happy :whistle :whistle :whistle
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"