ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Day off bank holiday
-
aco2796
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 05 Jun 2018, 23:33
- Gender: Male
Day off bank holiday
I'm a part timer covering a duty next week, the day off for the duty should be Saturday, yet my day off is scheduled to be Monday...the bank holiday.
Should I complain?
Should I complain?
-
Rumple
- Posts: 429
- Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 10:45
- Gender: Male
Day off bank holiday
Yes. It'll not get you the Saturday off though (no doubt a bosses favourite has got it as their lieu day). You'll get a day in lieu or paid the hours as o/t (your choice)aco2796 wrote:I'm a part timer covering a duty next week, the day off for the duty should be Saturday, yet my day off is scheduled to be Monday...the bank holiday.
Should I complain?
-
aco2796
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 05 Jun 2018, 23:33
- Gender: Male
Day off bank holiday
Thanks. Not bothered about the Saturday off, just want to know I have a basis to request O/T hours for the saturdayRumple wrote:
Yes. It'll not get you the Saturday off though (no doubt a bosses favourite has got it as their lieu day). You'll get a day in lieu or paid the hours as o/t (your choice)
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Day off bank holiday
If saturday is a day you are due to work then you can't ask it to be paid ot.aco2796 wrote:Thanks. Not bothered about the Saturday off, just want to know I have a basis to request O/T hours for the saturdayRumple wrote:
Yes. It'll not get you the Saturday off though (no doubt a bosses favourite has got it as their lieu day). You'll get a day in lieu or paid the hours as o/t (your choice)
-
Bboingg
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 21 Jun 2017, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Day off bank holiday
No need to complain, just claim the one-day overtime (for Tuesday if you want to get it in early)
-
world class male
- Posts: 903
- Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Day off bank holiday
you claim the hours/minutes as overtime that would have been worked for the monday, they may say it's not possible due to office budget and say you must take a day in leau but it's not true, immediately get union rep involved and demand you get paid it, needs to be sorted straight away though
-
aco2796
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 05 Jun 2018, 23:33
- Gender: Male
Day off bank holiday
Why not if is the day I should have been given off...as it is the day off of the round I will be doing?aiden01 wrote:If saturday is a day you are due to work then you can't ask it to be paid ot.aco2796 wrote:Thanks. Not bothered about the Saturday off, just want to know I have a basis to request O/T hours for the saturdayRumple wrote:
Yes. It'll not get you the Saturday off though (no doubt a bosses favourite has got it as their lieu day). You'll get a day in lieu or paid the hours as o/t (your choice)
-
world class male
- Posts: 903
- Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Day off bank holiday
because they can change it due to operational needs, but they cannot refuse you to be paid as overtime for the monday, they will say you must take a credit but it's not true, get on it 1st thing tuesday morning and don't take no for an answer, take rep in with you tooaco2796 wrote:Why not if is the day I should have been given off...as it is the day off of the round I will be doing?aiden01 wrote:If saturday is a day you are due to work then you can't ask it to be paid ot.aco2796 wrote:Thanks. Not bothered about the Saturday off, just want to know I have a basis to request O/T hours for the saturdayRumple wrote:
Yes. It'll not get you the Saturday off though (no doubt a bosses favourite has got it as their lieu day). You'll get a day in lieu or paid the hours as o/t (your choice)
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Day off bank holiday
Its still your duty tat day why should you be paid ot.aco2796 wrote:Why not if is the day I should have been given off...as it is the day off of the round I will be doing?aiden01 wrote:If saturday is a day you are due to work then you can't ask it to be paid ot.aco2796 wrote:Thanks. Not bothered about the Saturday off, just want to know I have a basis to request O/T hours for the saturdayRumple wrote:
Yes. It'll not get you the Saturday off though (no doubt a bosses favourite has got it as their lieu day). You'll get a day in lieu or paid the hours as o/t (your choice)
-
aco2796
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 05 Jun 2018, 23:33
- Gender: Male
Day off bank holiday
It should be my day off that's why, Friday last week so should be Saturday this week. Not mondayaiden01 wrote:Its still your duty tat day why should you be paid ot.aco2796 wrote:Why not if is the day I should have been given off...as it is the day off of the round I will be doing?aiden01 wrote:If saturday is a day you are due to work then you can't ask it to be paid ot.aco2796 wrote:Thanks. Not bothered about the Saturday off, just want to know I have a basis to request O/T hours for the saturdayRumple wrote:
Yes. It'll not get you the Saturday off though (no doubt a bosses favourite has got it as their lieu day). You'll get a day in lieu or paid the hours as o/t (your choice)
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Day off bank holiday
Whether it's right or wrong Saturday has not been given as your day off - it is now a 'normal' working day for you. So you will be paid your contracted dailyaco2796 wrote:Why not if is the day I should have been given off...as it is the day off of the round I will be doing?aiden01 wrote:If saturday is a day you are due to work then you can't ask it to be paid ot.aco2796 wrote:Thanks. Not bothered about the Saturday off, just want to know I have a basis to request O/T hours for the saturdayRumple wrote:
Yes. It'll not get you the Saturday off though (no doubt a bosses favourite has got it as their lieu day). You'll get a day in lieu or paid the hours as o/t (your choice)
hours plus any OT for going over your contracted hours.
You request that the Monday B/H (which has been given as your 'day off') is reimbursed to you as a credit to your annual leave or paid,
as an OT payment, of what would be your contracted hours only for that day.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Day off bank holiday
What savings do the dims make from this ? Book your day in lieu
-
Bboingg
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 21 Jun 2017, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Day off bank holiday
Its a 4 working days week , so if you are working 5, its one day overtime or one day leave, to be used whenever, but in practice its hard to get that day back in a reasonable times, so claiming o/t is easier.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Day off bank holiday
they make savings from all the people who dont know the rules and dont get an extra day BH credit or dont get the BH payment. Or the ones who cant be bothered chasing up what theyre owed.arnold cheshire wrote:What savings do the dims make from this ? Book your day in lieu
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Day off bank holiday
i opted for the payment today
am on me long weekend i finshed Friday had sat off till Monday . back in tomorrow next day off is next Tuesday. 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"