ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Returning to work after holidays

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
jd9442
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
Gender: Male

Returning to work after holidays

Post by jd9442 »

As a part timer, would you bother texting/ringing to find out your start time on the day you’re due back? Or just go in 5 hours before your finish time if they haven’t bothered to tell you
Scama_bug
Posts: 35
Joined: 30 Mar 2019, 22:43
Gender: Male

Returning to work after holidays

Post by Scama_bug »

jd9442 wrote:As a part timer, would you bother texting/ringing to find out your start time on the day you’re due back? Or just go in 5 hours before your finish time if they haven’t bothered to tell you
I've called the office and I was told when I'm due to start, I also find it weird when I have my day off during the week, I won't know what time I will start the next working day. :cuppa

There should be a proper rota, the rotational day off is messed up as well :nervous
Biker Mouse
Posts: 543
Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
Gender: Male

Returning to work after holidays

Post by Biker Mouse »

We always get a letter on a Thursday telling us next weeks duty if we’re on holiday.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Returning to work after holidays

Post by Postie45 »

Id just return at my typical start time.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Returning to work after holidays

Post by Celgar »

You don't have a standard time for going in every day or week then ???
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.