ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Upgrade contract

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Barton0502
Posts: 14
Joined: 07 Mar 2019, 15:17
Gender: Male

Upgrade contract

Post by Barton0502 »

I have done 20 continuous weeks doing over 39 hours per week (over 35 in delivery alone) I wondered if this puts me in line for any type of upgrade of contract? I am only on a 25 hour contract, but most weeks do 45. It just seems unfair that when I am on holiday later on in the year I will only get the 25 hours pay! It puts me off taking holidays and makes me not look forward to them! Which should not be the case. Any advice?
MinTee
Posts: 82
Joined: 03 Jan 2018, 15:20
Gender: Male

Upgrade contract

Post by MinTee »

Barton0502 wrote:I have done 20 continuous weeks doing over 39 hours per week (over 35 in delivery alone) I wondered if this puts me in line for any type of upgrade of contract? I am only on a 25 hour contract, but most weeks do 45. It just seems unfair that when I am on holiday later on in the year I will only get the 25 hours pay! It puts me off taking holidays and makes me not look forward to them! Which should not be the case. Any advice?
Good luck fella. I’ve been in the same boat for over 2 years now. DOM took a full time transfer a few months back and it gave me and the others some extra firepower. Took it to the area rep who in turn took it to the area manager, all I ever hear is that ‘it’s being looked at’. Getting fed up tbh, but I’m gonna keep pushing.

What’s worse is that you can now fill in a form which I believe is more or less tribunal to have your holiday paid properly (12 week average). My rep says it can be backdated to a certain point but isn’t entirely sure how to go about it. Every time I ask DOM he says he doesn’t know either, just keep going in circles. The entire business is a joke as far as I’m concerned.
Pathfinder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 208
Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
Gender: Male

Upgrade contract

Post by Pathfinder »

They now have to pay holiday pay the average hours for twelve weeks leading up to your holiday. Go above your Dom and you'll get it.
streets97
Posts: 92
Joined: 13 Oct 2010, 21:43
Gender: Male

Upgrade contract

Post by streets97 »

https://emails.cwu.org/t/d-l-ptudytt-ztkjiuyil-i/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
toffeeman76
Posts: 2
Joined: 16 Nov 2018, 14:54
Gender: Male

Upgrade contract

Post by toffeeman76 »

What does that even mean?
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

Upgrade contract

Post by rogersh »

https://www.facebook.com/377255671092/p" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scroll down on this link where Ralph gives an explanation on average holiday pay.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32801
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Upgrade contract

Post by POSTMAN »

Barton0502 wrote:I have done 20 continuous weeks doing over 39 hours per week (over 35 in delivery alone) I wondered if this puts me in line for any type of upgrade of contract? I am only on a 25 hour contract, but most weeks do 45. It just seems unfair that when I am on holiday later on in the year I will only get the 25 hours pay! It puts me off taking holidays and makes me not look forward to them! Which should not be the case. Any advice?
'You' may not be able to up your contract but there 'may' be opportunities for your office to have extra hrs put in.
Will try and find some posts about it in a bit if I have time, try the search feature for more info.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32801
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Upgrade contract

Post by POSTMAN »

See this thread for links regarding holiday pay...
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =1&t=91195" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.