ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
-
Wendy1962
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 01 Apr 2019, 14:57
- Gender: Female
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
Into my 2nd week , the respect of have for Posties is sky high I never realized how hard the job is ... I’m a runner so relatively fit .. But after averaging 10miles + a day I’m coming home shattered and aching...
My question is ... does it get easier, or is the tiredness , aching etc permanent and won’t change ( if it doesn’t I would possibly re think my choice of career )
My question is ... does it get easier, or is the tiredness , aching etc permanent and won’t change ( if it doesn’t I would possibly re think my choice of career )
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
Yes it gets easier. Your body adapts to the physical nature of the job.
(Then you start to wear out.)
(Then you start to wear out.)
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
RTP
- Posts: 863
- Joined: 22 Apr 2011, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
Buy as many extra holidays as you can when you are allowed to.
You will need them.
You will need them.
-
DrSatan
- Posts: 144
- Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 19:11
- Gender: Male
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
Yes it does get easier. It took me a few months to get upto a decent level of fitness for it. Just be patient and take your breaks!
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
3 months on average and you will be up to speed.
your body is taking a battering everyday you are working, it will get easier and soon you will be able to get out of your chair in the evening without feeling 90 years old ( for a few years at least ;) )
your body is taking a battering everyday you are working, it will get easier and soon you will be able to get out of your chair in the evening without feeling 90 years old ( for a few years at least ;) )
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
Yes, it gets easier. Try not to worry too much and make sure you switch off from the job when your shift ends. If you've got a decent level of fitness already, which as a runner you obviously have, that side of it will get easier quickly, but it's the mental fatigue that can get you, if you worry too much about not being able to complete, cutting off, run ins with management and putting up with some of the grumpier posties.
Good luck and enjoy it- it is a great job once you're out in the fresh air.
Good luck and enjoy it- it is a great job once you're out in the fresh air.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
take your break between 11am and 12.30pm and be sure to eat a good sized meal 
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
90 minutes for your meal relief?FirstPost wrote:take your break between 11am and 12.30pm and be sure to eat a good sized meal
Do you work in a mail centre?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Sputters2017
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 08 Aug 2017, 16:12
- Gender: Male
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
Yes it gets easier. you get used to the fatigue and aches and pains been a postman feeling like it for the last 38 years now its normal .if you are young it's not so bad but at 58 not much fun
-
gimba
- Posts: 192
- Joined: 08 Aug 2018, 21:12
- Gender: Male
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
I was on computers for 5 years, no exercise of any sort out of the ordinary (walking round supermarkets)
I'm two.and half months in with royal mail and I'm now fine
My feet were blistered, I was tired by 6pm
My feet hurt when walking to the kitchen
But that's all over now, yeah I still get tired if I do five days straight, and sometimes feel tired even just after a couple, but I never wake up exhausted, and my feet feel fine
I'm two.and half months in with royal mail and I'm now fine
My feet were blistered, I was tired by 6pm
My feet hurt when walking to the kitchen
But that's all over now, yeah I still get tired if I do five days straight, and sometimes feel tired even just after a couple, but I never wake up exhausted, and my feet feel fine
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
I think it depends on just what type of tiredness and pain you're suffering with... if it is just aching tired muscles, then yes you should adapt and feel better. But if it's joint pain due to damaged cartilage or ligaments or arthritis then the job is only going to make it worse.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
May sound daft but as you are a runner ( not in the wall hopping postie sense, or at least I hope not), you may be suffering more than an unfit person as you have more muscle mass, and that will hurt more. You should know about fuelling and hydrating, and being a runner you probably stretch. Don't slip into the Habit of not using a light weight trolley. If your partner moans, tough, it's your body you're looking after, your feet, knees, hips and back. The amount of posties that go off sick with a bad back then come back to work and start running round delivery with a bag on their back! Muppets.
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
welcome to life of a postal worker.Wendy1962 wrote:Into my 2nd week , the respect of have for Posties is sky high I never realized how hard the job is ... I’m a runner so relatively fit .. But after averaging 10miles + a day I’m coming home shattered and aching...
My question is ... does it get easier, or is the tiredness , aching etc permanent and won’t change ( if it doesn’t I would possibly re think my choice of career )
-
Blinkboy44
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 16:49
- Gender: Male
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
No it gets harder, the more you can do the more is expected of you, it’s a joke. And yeah body will adapt and get used to it but first your back will start to give in then your knees. It’s not worth it if you have another job offer take it and don’t look back
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
Just had over a month off. First week back and I'll be honest, man I am struggling this week. Everything below my belly button feels about 80 years old. Oh and my shorts was a bit tight
. It does get easier though just takes a little bit of time. Stick it out 