ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
A/L question
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
A/L question
Good Friday 19th April was my day off. I asked if I could swap my day off to sat 20th April. On my annual leave print out today it says I've had a days leave on the sat.all I did was swap day off I didn't book a day off.if this was the case if I had the sat off as annual leave I would be owed the good Friday back as a day in lieu.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
A/L question
Yes
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
A/L question
Did you take the Saturday off ? If you did that's rightcomeracing wrote:Good Friday 19th April was my day off. I asked if I could swap my day off to sat 20th April. On my annual leave print out today it says I've had a days leave on the sat.all I did was swap day off I didn't book a day off.if this was the case if I had the sat off as annual leave I would be owed the good Friday back as a day in lieu.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
A/L question
You would have used a bh credit
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
A/L question
All I did was swop my day off I've not taken it as annual leave if they said I have surely I will get Friday back as a day in lieu
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
A/L question
I don't understand what you are moaning aboutcomeracing wrote:All I did was swop my day off I've not taken it as annual leave if they said I have surely I will get Friday back as a day in lyieu
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
A/L question
yes you are owed a day back.
If youre on 38 hour contract then you only had to work approx 30 hours that week if you had this more or less covered from M-Th, then Fri would be the BH, and Sa would be your day off.
They could class the Sa as A/L but then would need to give you a BH credit.
If youre on 38 hour contract then you only had to work approx 30 hours that week if you had this more or less covered from M-Th, then Fri would be the BH, and Sa would be your day off.
They could class the Sa as A/L but then would need to give you a BH credit.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
A/L question
You can't swap your day offPostie45 wrote:yes you are owed a day back.
If youre on 38 hour contract then you only had to work approx 30 hours that week if you had this more or less covered from M-Th, then Fri would be the BH, and Sa would be your day off.
They could class the Sa as A/L but then would need to give you a BH credit.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
A/L question
then its A/L Sa and a BH creditarnold cheshire wrote: You can't swap your day off
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
A/L question
Of course you can swap day off others do it in my office .if they've given me sat as annual leave I will expect the good Friday back as a day in lieu as that was my day off but was a bank holiday
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
A/L question
yeah happens at mine too, either way youre owed your BH day backcomeracing wrote:Of course you can swap day off others do it in my office .if they've given me sat as annual leave I will expect the good Friday back as a day in lieu as that was my day off but was a bank holiday
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
A/L question
If you swapped how can you be owed a day back ?Postie45 wrote:yeah happens at mine too, either way youre owed your BH day backcomeracing wrote:Of course you can swap day off others do it in my office .if they've given me sat as annual leave I will expect the good Friday back as a day in lieu as that was my day off but was a bank holiday
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
A/L question
if he swapped it would just be his day off not A/L.. OP states hes been charged a day of A/L therefore it wasnt "officially" swapped, so he is therefore owed a BH credit for not being given a day off that week.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
A/L question
He must have had a day creditedPostie45 wrote:if he swapped it would just be his day off not A/L.. OP states hes been charged a day of A/L therefore it wasnt "officially" swapped, so he is therefore owed a BH credit for not being given a day off that week.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
A/L question
i think this is the issue that he says he hasnt