ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

VOLUNTARY REDUNDANCIES IN DELIVERY

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
thewayforward
Posts: 21
Joined: 28 Oct 2012, 11:55
Gender: Male

VOLUNTARY REDUNDANCIES IN DELIVERY

Post by thewayforward »

Does anyone know now RM’s financial statement has been released today (22nd May 2019),whether it is possible to apply for voluntary redundancy in delivery If you are a 59 year old OPG walking 12 miles a day and want to avoid collapsing in this summers heat! :cool Does any application need to go via my line manager ? Sorry to sound selfish, I know I am lucky to have a job :neutral: but I have been doing this job for 38 years now and I am trying avoid jacking it in!
Mick100
Posts: 275
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 10:00
Gender: Male

VOLUNTARY REDUNDANCIES IN DELIVERY

Post by Mick100 »

Doubt they would want to pay you off probably hoping you drop dead out on delivery 4 hour delivery now talking of 6 hours people will be collapsing
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

VOLUNTARY REDUNDANCIES IN DELIVERY

Post by Postie45 »

VR would be the final solution to reduce staff numbers in a unit before the changes are finally implemented, until then theyll probably just keep employing people on low hour contracts when current FT posties leave or retire.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

VOLUNTARY REDUNDANCIES IN DELIVERY

Post by wacko74 »

I reckon zero chance of VR in deliveries, even if this getting rid one 1 in 6 duties comes to fruition, the staff reductions could easily be achieved just through ''natural wastage''
leolion855
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
Gender: Male

VOLUNTARY REDUNDANCIES IN DELIVERY

Post by leolion855 »

how can you have 6 hr deliveries when you have 25 hr contracts? its mathematically impossible.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

VOLUNTARY REDUNDANCIES IN DELIVERY

Post by Postie45 »

4 days x 6.15hrs
basically arrive and go out on delivery (yeah i know, we all heard that before)
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

VOLUNTARY REDUNDANCIES IN DELIVERY

Post by Celgar »

wacko74 wrote:I reckon zero chance of VR in deliveries, even if this getting rid one 1 in 6 duties comes to fruition, the staff reductions could easily be achieved just through ''natural wastage''
Today's report from the RM has a few interesting bits of information in it aside from the bad news. The percentage of 'natural wastage' of staff in RM is less than third of the national average in the UK. So I have a feeling losing 8000 staff may not be that easy.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

VOLUNTARY REDUNDANCIES IN DELIVERY

Post by scoobydo79 »

Sorry no chance.Royal Mail have a work to kill policy.Good luck with Your 6th of a delivery lapsing.Can I have Your locker?
Edward Hunter
Posts: 680
Joined: 23 May 2007, 22:30

VOLUNTARY REDUNDANCIES IN DELIVERY

Post by Edward Hunter »

Celgar wrote:
wacko74 wrote:I reckon zero chance of VR in deliveries, even if this getting rid one 1 in 6 duties comes to fruition, the staff reductions could easily be achieved just through ''natural wastage''
Today's report from the RM has a few interesting bits of information in it aside from the bad news. The percentage of 'natural wastage' of staff in RM is less than third of the national average in the UK. So I have a feeling losing 8000 staff may not be that easy.
But i think RM also know they have a lot of older posties who are Full Time. In the next 10 years a lot will be retiring (or collapsing) which will negate the need for a lot of VRs and also weaken the union at the same time.
endofdays1982
Posts: 84
Joined: 10 Jan 2019, 16:56
Gender: Male

VOLUNTARY REDUNDANCIES IN DELIVERY

Post by endofdays1982 »

They need to start the revision as soon as hopefully this year, its out of control all the parcels coming in, xmases are to hard the now, my run is supposed to 5hours 15 but with bad planning and lapsing its 6 hours, just under 1000 calls, 150 lapsing calls, its to much, sooner the ball gets rolling the better to help offices that are struggling
Deadly
Posts: 703
Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
Gender: Male

VOLUNTARY REDUNDANCIES IN DELIVERY

Post by Deadly »

In my opinion if you want VR you need to transfer to a mail centre.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

VOLUNTARY REDUNDANCIES IN DELIVERY

Post by aiden01 »

Deadly wrote:In my opinion if you want VR you need to transfer to a mail centre.
None going in mc i work in.
Deadly
Posts: 703
Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
Gender: Male

VOLUNTARY REDUNDANCIES IN DELIVERY

Post by Deadly »

aiden01 wrote:
Deadly wrote:In my opinion if you want VR you need to transfer to a mail centre.
None going in mc i work in.
Perhaps not yet but parcel sorting machines and Royal Mail pushing for more automation will have an effect.
Nicos9
Posts: 5
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 00:25
Gender: Male

VOLUNTARY REDUNDANCIES IN DELIVERY

Post by Nicos9 »

My office is working with a FT postie on sick leave(long term) and a vacancy. I'm a reserve and am currently covering the FT postie on 30 hours. Basically I arrive to help load the van while my colleagues are expected to do a bit each of my delivery before they leave. Our office has 16 Posties so a small office. With the latest news, I could see my office absorbing another walk and not filling the vacancy. As my manager has decided to give me no OT, I've recently started refusing my lapsing unless I get paid as were generally over our time.
thewayforward
Posts: 21
Joined: 28 Oct 2012, 11:55
Gender: Male

VOLUNTARY REDUNDANCIES IN DELIVERY

Post by thewayforward »

I feel that there will be at least 30,000 if not more redundancies in RM DELIVERY within 5 to 10 years because the USO will have to be abandoned,walking up paths and going to distant farms with one piece of nonsense Mail is not sustainable if RM is to survive.Deliveries every other day is the future,unless the household has a time sensitive item.This will be long after I have left the company. I do not think I will mention this subject anymore,it’s for the future.I’ve had 38 years of walking for RM and it sure hasn’t got any easier.I’ve done my bit,it’s nearly time to go,Que the violins :Boo hoo!