ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

EARLY RETIREMENT PACKAGE?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
thewayforward
Posts: 21
Joined: 28 Oct 2012, 11:55
Gender: Male

EARLY RETIREMENT PACKAGE?

Post by thewayforward »

As an OPG in delivery Is it possible to apply for an early retirement package? Or is this just available to management.
30+YEARMAN
Posts: 253
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
Gender: Male

EARLY RETIREMENT PACKAGE?

Post by 30+YEARMAN »

thewayforward wrote:As an OPG in delivery Is it possible to apply for an early retirement package? Or is this just available to management.
What early retirement pakage ?. I must have missed that.
thewayforward
Posts: 21
Joined: 28 Oct 2012, 11:55
Gender: Male

EARLY RETIREMENT PACKAGE?

Post by thewayforward »

Maybe I saw it in a dream ! Yours sincerely a desperate postman.
30+YEARMAN
Posts: 253
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
Gender: Male

EARLY RETIREMENT PACKAGE?

Post by 30+YEARMAN »

thewayforward wrote:Maybe I saw it in a dream ! Yours sincerely a desperate postman.
I know exactly what you mean,I would be in the queue with you. :nana
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

EARLY RETIREMENT PACKAGE?

Post by comeracing »

And me
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6696
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

EARLY RETIREMENT PACKAGE?

Post by RobertT »

You can apply to take your pension anytime after age 55, but early payment reductions would apply, which is a subject that's been covered on these forums many times.
Although I wouldn't really call that a package!
Links to all RM pension related websites are here