ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Stage 1 for a work related injury?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Charliecat
Posts: 92
Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
Gender: Female

Stage 1 for a work related injury?

Post by Charliecat »

Should you recieve a stage 1 if you've been off work for 2 weeks with an injury that you wouldn't have if you didn't do the job?
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Stage 1 for a work related injury?

Post by robbertwhitton »

I want to say of course not,but if our office is anything to go by re a dog bite you probably will! I guess they see it as a period of absence that triggers it,so of course you must challenge it if it’s work related,and good luck with that,am sure others on here will have there voice on it
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Stage 1 for a work related injury?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Charliecat wrote:Should you receive a stage 1 if you've been off work for 2 weeks with an injury that you wouldn't have if you didn't do the job?
Depends.

The wording of the agreement is
• Absences which result from accidents
on duty will normally be discounted
when deciding whether the attendance
standards have been reached or
maintained. Such absences will still be
reviewed on return to work
In this instance the word "accidents on duty" and "normally" give the managers wiggle room.

However, if the injury is a result of, or likely to the cause of a disability then.
• Absences arising from disability will
normally be discounted when deciding
whether the standards have been met
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Charliecat
Posts: 92
Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
Gender: Female

Stage 1 for a work related injury?

Post by Charliecat »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Charliecat wrote:Should you receive a stage 1 if you've been off work for 2 weeks with an injury that you wouldn't have if you didn't do the job?
Depends.

The wording of the agreement is
• Absences which result from accidents
on duty will normally be discounted
when deciding whether the attendance
standards have been reached or
maintained. Such absences will still be
reviewed on return to work
In this instance the word "accidents on duty" and "normally" give the managers wiggle room.


Thankyou for this. It's plantar and I got it very bad. Couldn't even walk after duty. So much pain. I haven't ever felt pain like it. Hospital said I had to have at least 3 months rest but obviously I didn't take his advice as was worried about having so much time off. Only took 2 weeks. My foot stil causes pain and makes me slow towards end of duty. It's definatley something caused by walking 10 to 12 miles a day! These rounds are far too long imo. I'm not really worried as I haven't had time off except 1 day in just under 18 months. Just wondered about it.
However, if the injury is a result of, or likely to the cause of a disability then.
• Absences arising from disability will
normally be discounted when deciding
whether the standards have been met