ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Reducing hours.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Smiller
Posts: 29
Joined: 27 Dec 2018, 17:31
Gender: Male

Reducing hours.

Post by Smiller »

I'm 66 and I want to reduce my hours to 3 days, asked my manager when I was 65 and surprise surprise he hasn't said a word to me. Apart from my area manager who else can I contact.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Reducing hours.

Post by scoobydo79 »

66!!!!!! Time to retire completely!!!!!
Smiller
Posts: 29
Joined: 27 Dec 2018, 17:31
Gender: Male

Reducing hours.

Post by Smiller »

Still feeling young and want to carry on feeling that. By the way are you my boss .
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Reducing hours.

Post by Seymour Buts »

Why should he retire if he doesn't want to? Perhaps he has a mortgage to pay? What business is that to you?

Many have dropped their hours in our office but it seems to depend on circumstance. There's six people who do three days at our office; they jobshare so have duties between each of them. Three on three off basically. It only happens when you have two people willing to drop their hours though.
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

Reducing hours.

Post by rogersh »

Smiller wrote:I'm 66 and I want to reduce my hours to 3 days, asked my manager when I was 65 and surprise surprise he hasn't said a word to me. Apart from my area manager who else can I contact.
Last month I gave a response to your similar post in which I stated the option of flexible working.

Employees can request flexible working patterns that involve a change in:
 the hours they work
 the time they are required to work

The following link is a more comprehensive guide to how to apply for flexible working; http://glosamal.co.uk/Docs/Flexible%20W ... 0Guide.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Reducing hours.

Post by Celgar »

We have a couple of four day duties now as a couple of older posties closer to retirement wanted to reduce their hours. Previous to this we only had full time duties in our DO so this enabled us to have duties deemed to be part time which got RM off our backs. Two birds with one stone.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Reducing hours.

Post by aiden01 »

Smiller wrote:Still feeling young and want to carry on feeling that. By the way are you my boss .
If you still feel young why not just enjoy your retirement. lots of people dont get the chance. Btw if you carry on working good luck :thumbup
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Reducing hours.

Post by scoobydo79 »

Smiller wrote:Still feeling young and want to carry on feeling that. By the way are you my boss .
Ahh I see. waiting till You are old and clapped out before You retire and unable to do much when You do.If I was Your boss I’d be trying to get You to see sense.
bigal383
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 492
Joined: 11 Dec 2012, 16:20
Gender: Male

Reducing hours.

Post by bigal383 »

66 retire u fool!!
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Reducing hours.

Post by robbertwhitton »

Well within all the pension bumff it says how the business will help and accommodate you in your later years?mmmm I think not,unless when the boss says “maybe it’s not the job for you anymore “ that counts?,that does start to grate on me after 37 years and the age of 58,my mate and me did try a job share but that got kicked out.fancy slowing down as you get older,that’s no good to us!!
Smiller
Posts: 29
Joined: 27 Dec 2018, 17:31
Gender: Male

Reducing hours.

Post by Smiller »

Royal mail will run you into the ground when you're over 65 then hope you will retire, caring business. NOT .