ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

My life with Royal Mail so far.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ViperF
Posts: 120
Joined: 28 Mar 2019, 10:18
Gender: Male

My life with Royal Mail so far.

Post by ViperF »

So I have been with Royal Mail 4 weeks now. Part time 18hrs. So far so good apart from a few things.
And the last two days Saturday and Sunday weren’t to good.

I have been on 13 different frames, that doesn’t bother me, I like the variety. But on Saturday and today I have been put on the busiest frame which includes shops and weird numbering. And the guy I work on this frame with is not helpful, just moans we ain’t gonna complete, drives up everyone’s arses and rushes to get back 15 mins before 3pm. What’s with the rushing??!!
FirstPost
Posts: 675
Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
Gender: Female

My life with Royal Mail so far.

Post by FirstPost »

ViperF wrote:So I have been with Royal Mail 4 weeks now. Part time 18hrs. So far so good apart from a few things.
And the last two days Saturday and Sunday weren’t to good.

I have been on 13 different frames, that doesn’t bother me, I like the variety. But on Saturday and today I have been put on the busiest frame which includes shops and weird numbering. And the guy I work on this frame with is not helpful, just moans we ain’t gonna complete, drives up everyone’s arses and rushes to get back 15 mins before 3pm. What’s with the rushing??!!
do you take breaks?
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

My life with Royal Mail so far.

Post by Postie45 »

the rushing is like crack to an addict, if they think they wont make their usual 15 mins they have a fit.
toonshola
Posts: 917
Joined: 29 Jul 2011, 16:31
Gender: Male

My life with Royal Mail so far.

Post by toonshola »

Postie45 wrote:the rushing is like crack to an addict, if they think they wont make their usual 15 mins they have a fit.
So true. One of the big reasons I hate van share is half the time you get paired with one of these maniacs trying to rush you the whole time. I’ll never get my head round it.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

My life with Royal Mail so far.

Post by maisymoo04 »

as firstpost said do you take break if not you take yours is 20 mins on a 18 hour ??? and p@@@ him off even more idiot :thumbup
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
Scama_bug
Posts: 35
Joined: 30 Mar 2019, 22:43
Gender: Male

My life with Royal Mail so far.

Post by Scama_bug »

Same problem in my office, how can we have the break if the colleague is desperate to finish early ?
seaside
Posts: 266
Joined: 31 May 2013, 18:51
Gender: Female

My life with Royal Mail so far.

Post by seaside »

Think a lot will welcome the new bikes, just to be able to work at your own pace.
Pathfinder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 208
Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
Gender: Male

My life with Royal Mail so far.

Post by Pathfinder »

seaside wrote:Think a lot will welcome the new bikes, just to be able to work at your own pace.

I can see this is what they want. 80% of us have these low maintenance bikes = less van share/less vans/less walking but 20% more delivery in the same delivery timescale. Either way they win and we do not.
Ozzvaldo
Posts: 476
Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
Gender: Female

My life with Royal Mail so far.

Post by Ozzvaldo »

Scama_bug wrote:Same problem in my office, how can we have the break if the colleague is desperate to finish early ?
It has absolutely nothing what so ever to do with your partner if you want to have a break, just take it. It's your entitlement. Let them sweat while your eating your sandwiches.
yubin282
Posts: 993
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
Gender: Male

My life with Royal Mail so far.

Post by yubin282 »

Ozzvaldo wrote:
Scama_bug wrote:Same problem in my office, how can we have the break if the colleague is desperate to finish early ?
It has absolutely nothing what so ever to do with your partner if you want to have a break, just take it. It's your entitlement. Let them sweat while your eating your sandwiches.
Just take your break no matter what, i always take 20 mins before i leave the office (I'm a FT reserve). Ive had my partners sit in the car park with the van loaded up waiting for me to finish my break or better still on rare occasions do our lapsing while i take my break and guess what we both get finished the same time.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

My life with Royal Mail so far.

Post by robbertwhitton »

lcook282 wrote:
Ozzvaldo wrote:
Scama_bug wrote:Same problem in my office, how can we have the break if the colleague is desperate to finish early ?
It has absolutely nothing what so ever to do with your partner if you want to have a break, just take it. It's your entitlement. Let them sweat while your eating your sandwiches.
Just take your break no matter what, i always take 20 mins before i leave the office (I'm a FT reserve). Ive had my partners sit in the car park with the van loaded up waiting for me to finish my break or better still on rare occasions do our lapsing while i take my break and guess what we both get finished the same time.
Brilliant!,,
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

My life with Royal Mail so far.

Post by SpacePhoenix »

ViperF wrote:So I have been with Royal Mail 4 weeks now. Part time 18hrs. So far so good apart from a few things.
And the last two days Saturday and Sunday weren’t to good.

I have been on 13 different frames, that doesn’t bother me, I like the variety. But on Saturday and today I have been put on the busiest frame which includes shops and weird numbering. And the guy I work on this frame with is not helpful, just moans we ain’t gonna complete, drives up everyone’s arses and rushes to get back 15 mins before 3pm. What’s with the rushing??!!
That's an extra 15mins of delivery points that the DOM will add to has walk at some point