ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Overtime Question

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ScousePostie
Posts: 273
Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
Gender: Male

Overtime Question

Post by ScousePostie »

Hi,

I've a quick question about when overtime is paid. I'm certain it's been covered on this forum before, probably many times but as I can't seem to find an answer via search or from management, I'll ask here.

I'm told that overtime is paid per financial week, so if we do overtime on a Friday, it will be paid the following week but if overtime is done on a Saturday it is paid NOT the following week but the week after that as Saturday is the start of a new financial week. This might be a load of rubbish but it is what I've been told.

Anyway, hopefully someone can answer this for clarification more than anything.
postmanpleb
Posts: 34
Joined: 22 Sep 2016, 18:59
Gender: Male

Overtime Question

Post by postmanpleb »

Hi
You have been told rubbish, Saturdays OT is paid the following week if paid weekly. The deadline for managers to put any OT in the system is the Tuesday of the week you are paid.

Hope this helps
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Overtime Question

Post by number one »

Yep total rubbish, sounds like your manager can’t be bothered doing it in time
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

Overtime Question

Post by redneck »

Or he/she is hoping you will forget about any Sat o/t if he/she chalks it off
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Overtime Question

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I agree with all three replies. Your Manager is probably just trying it on..... just to see if you'll go for it. :no no I'd suggest you tell him once i.e: "I've checked my payslip and you don't appear to have entered my overtime for last Saturday, can you make sure it's in next weeks pay please"?

If he doesn't do anything ask your Unit CWU Rep for a Grievance Form and put that in (it's basically just an Official Complaints Form). After you've show him he can't get away with it he'll probably not try it on again. Good Luck. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Overtime Question

Post by maisymoo04 »

I would so love to meet your manager and tell him about this :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh think they can get away with saying this makes me so mad cheeky f@@@@@ sorry about the swearing folks think you get were am coming from :Very Happy
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"