So I have been with Royal Mail 4 weeks now. Part time 18hrs. So far so good apart from a few things.
And the last two days Saturday and Sunday weren’t to good.
I have been on 13 different frames, that doesn’t bother me, I like the variety. But on Saturday and today I have been put on the busiest frame which includes shops and weird numbering. And the guy I work on this frame with is not helpful, just moans we ain’t gonna complete, drives up everyone’s arses and rushes to get back 15 mins before 3pm. What’s with the rushing??!!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
My life with Royal Mail so far.
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
My life with Royal Mail so far.
do you take breaks?ViperF wrote:So I have been with Royal Mail 4 weeks now. Part time 18hrs. So far so good apart from a few things.
And the last two days Saturday and Sunday weren’t to good.
I have been on 13 different frames, that doesn’t bother me, I like the variety. But on Saturday and today I have been put on the busiest frame which includes shops and weird numbering. And the guy I work on this frame with is not helpful, just moans we ain’t gonna complete, drives up everyone’s arses and rushes to get back 15 mins before 3pm. What’s with the rushing??!!
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
My life with Royal Mail so far.
the rushing is like crack to an addict, if they think they wont make their usual 15 mins they have a fit.
-
toonshola
- Posts: 917
- Joined: 29 Jul 2011, 16:31
- Gender: Male
My life with Royal Mail so far.
So true. One of the big reasons I hate van share is half the time you get paired with one of these maniacs trying to rush you the whole time. I’ll never get my head round it.Postie45 wrote:the rushing is like crack to an addict, if they think they wont make their usual 15 mins they have a fit.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
My life with Royal Mail so far.
as firstpost said do you take break if not you take yours is 20 mins on a 18 hour ??? and p@@@ him off even more idiot 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
Scama_bug
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 30 Mar 2019, 22:43
- Gender: Male
My life with Royal Mail so far.
Same problem in my office, how can we have the break if the colleague is desperate to finish early ?
-
seaside
- Posts: 266
- Joined: 31 May 2013, 18:51
- Gender: Female
My life with Royal Mail so far.
Think a lot will welcome the new bikes, just to be able to work at your own pace.
-
Pathfinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
- Gender: Male
My life with Royal Mail so far.
seaside wrote:Think a lot will welcome the new bikes, just to be able to work at your own pace.
I can see this is what they want. 80% of us have these low maintenance bikes = less van share/less vans/less walking but 20% more delivery in the same delivery timescale. Either way they win and we do not.
-
Ozzvaldo
- Posts: 476
- Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
- Gender: Female
My life with Royal Mail so far.
It has absolutely nothing what so ever to do with your partner if you want to have a break, just take it. It's your entitlement. Let them sweat while your eating your sandwiches.Scama_bug wrote:Same problem in my office, how can we have the break if the colleague is desperate to finish early ?
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
My life with Royal Mail so far.
Just take your break no matter what, i always take 20 mins before i leave the office (I'm a FT reserve). Ive had my partners sit in the car park with the van loaded up waiting for me to finish my break or better still on rare occasions do our lapsing while i take my break and guess what we both get finished the same time.Ozzvaldo wrote:It has absolutely nothing what so ever to do with your partner if you want to have a break, just take it. It's your entitlement. Let them sweat while your eating your sandwiches.Scama_bug wrote:Same problem in my office, how can we have the break if the colleague is desperate to finish early ?
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
My life with Royal Mail so far.
Brilliant!,,lcook282 wrote:Just take your break no matter what, i always take 20 mins before i leave the office (I'm a FT reserve). Ive had my partners sit in the car park with the van loaded up waiting for me to finish my break or better still on rare occasions do our lapsing while i take my break and guess what we both get finished the same time.Ozzvaldo wrote:It has absolutely nothing what so ever to do with your partner if you want to have a break, just take it. It's your entitlement. Let them sweat while your eating your sandwiches.Scama_bug wrote:Same problem in my office, how can we have the break if the colleague is desperate to finish early ?
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
My life with Royal Mail so far.
That's an extra 15mins of delivery points that the DOM will add to has walk at some pointViperF wrote:So I have been with Royal Mail 4 weeks now. Part time 18hrs. So far so good apart from a few things.
And the last two days Saturday and Sunday weren’t to good.
I have been on 13 different frames, that doesn’t bother me, I like the variety. But on Saturday and today I have been put on the busiest frame which includes shops and weird numbering. And the guy I work on this frame with is not helpful, just moans we ain’t gonna complete, drives up everyone’s arses and rushes to get back 15 mins before 3pm. What’s with the rushing??!!