ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff

Post by NewPostieUK »

One again we have the absolute ridiculous scenes where you have to COUNT by hand, in your head, using a pencil, manually, whatever, Poll Cards.
This is just stupidity. In this day and age, with all the technology available, we have to count them. Makes my blood boil.

Some people get 3p some people get twice as much. Stupid.

You have to 'claim' and hope your manager gets it right. Stupid.

If we are paid for them separately, surely this means we have a choice? Can I choose not to deliver them? No way.

Then there is the whole hornets nest of 'you can't claim overtime'. How do I know which items took me over my time? Stupid.

Everything, every single thing we do should be under the normal workload. We should be free to choose to work overtime or cut off.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff

Post by Postie45 »

you can choose not to take the extra payment per item and then just work your hours as usual following cut off procedure. You`ll still have to take election material into your workload but then dont book the extra money per item, then youd be 100% justified in finishing at your contracted finish time.
When booking the extra payment per item you are essentially agreeing to that implied overtime. For a lot of posties this is basically money for old rope as they can finish within their duty time (or slightly over) and get the extra payments so its win-win. If its causing you to go over and you do not wish to, then I think working to your time but not booking per item would be a fair trade off and thus would mean they couldnt expect you to work over.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32801
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff

Post by POSTMAN »

I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff

Post by twoloops »

That Labour election leaflet was far to thin to even try & deliver without out mail, Health & Safety issue :cuppa
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

mattycash wrote:That Labour election leaflet was far to thin to even try & deliver without out mail, Health & Safety issue :cuppa
I thought the greens were thinner, at least here they were.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff

Post by Woody Guthrie »

The worst so far were UKIPs addressed leaflet.
The were stuck together with some kind of electrical charge left behind by Farage.

It's always been an interesting conundrum in a business that doesn't do compulsory overtime how can you compel people to deliver leaflets without resourcing the work.

Never had a satisfactory answer to that one.
Only dead fish follow the current
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff

Post by NewPostieUK »

4. How are you meant to know which bits of mail are making you go over? It's obviously everything equally.

Also, doesn't mention any option not to deliver them. No choice in the matter.
Bernardson
Posts: 320
Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 23:22

I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff

Post by Bernardson »

Royal Mail doesn't want to pay you either. That was part of the proposals in the last pay negotiations.
Scama_bug
Posts: 35
Joined: 30 Mar 2019, 22:43
Gender: Male

I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff

Post by Scama_bug »

Bernardson wrote:Royal Mail doesn't want to pay you either. That was part of the proposals in the last pay negotiations.
I always get paid for them, even if I do 30 I still get paid. :Boo hoo!
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff

Post by Jpro747 »

It’s stupid yes but everything is in this company and if they want you to waste time counting poll cards etc then so be it, if it takes you over your time cut off.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff

Post by NewPostieUK »

Jpro747 wrote:It’s stupid yes but everything is in this company and if they want you to waste time counting poll cards etc then so be it, if it takes you over your time cut off.
That's the whole point. You can't. You aren't meant to anyway, as they have to be done in your own time.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff

Post by arnold cheshire »

Woody Guthrie wrote:The worst so far were UKIPs addressed leaflet.
The were stuck together with some kind of electrical charge left behind by Farage.

It's always been an interesting conundrum in a business that doesn't do compulsory overtime how can you compel people to deliver leaflets without resourcing the work.

Never had a satisfactory answer to that one.
isn't farage now with the Brexit party not ukip?
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff

Post by k979aaa »

arnold cheshire wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:The worst so far were UKIPs addressed leaflet.
The were stuck together with some kind of electrical charge left behind by Farage.

It's always been an interesting conundrum in a business that doesn't do compulsory overtime how can you compel people to deliver leaflets without resourcing the work.

Never had a satisfactory answer to that one.
isn't farage now with the Brexit party not ukip?
He left because of all the in fighting ask Mike Hookem failing that Steven Woolfe or Diane James what a joke talk about big hitters in the party. :chuckle
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff

Post by Woody Guthrie »

arnold cheshire wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:The worst so far were UKIPs addressed leaflet.
The were stuck together with some kind of electrical charge left behind by Farage.

It's always been an interesting conundrum in a business that doesn't do compulsory overtime how can you compel people to deliver leaflets without resourcing the work.

Never had a satisfactory answer to that one.
isn't farage now with the Brexit party not ukip?
Yes.
The joke if it could be called that was that Farage had left behind the electrical charge like some kind of manifestation of evil.
Only dead fish follow the current
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff

Post by k979aaa »

What ever happened to Henry Bolton? he was UKIP leader was he not you know the guy always had women in suitcases https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... andal.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;