ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Making it difficult to book OT....
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
Making it difficult to book OT....
Anyone else’s DIM hide the overtime docket when they go home? Maybe hoping we’ll forget to book the next day....? :-/
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Making it difficult to book OT....
They have always done it for years.
No overtime booked,more bonus for greedy management 
-
hans solo
- Posts: 3289
- Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
- Gender: Male
Making it difficult to book OT....
if any difficulty booking in o-time
refer them back to pda actuals beat them with their own tools
refer them back to pda actuals beat them with their own tools
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Making it difficult to book OT....
i only ever see the docket when the DOM's boss or CWU area reps pay a visit, not that i work any overtime
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Making it difficult to book OT....
The trouble with pda actuals is just another stick for management to beat you with.In my old office I can hear it now,so and so can do it why cant you? You are too slow,not up to the job anymore,its a no win situation for the postie,unless of course you are a runner,or a Doms favourite.hans solo wrote:if any difficulty booking in o-time
refer them back to pda actuals beat them with their own tools
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Making it difficult to book OT....
I don't generally bother with overtime because it's become too much hassle. The overtime book is often in the managers office,but I've heard it will often go walkabout after 4pm
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
Making it difficult to book OT....
I do and it always matches what overtime I'm booking! It really annoys him!hans solo wrote:if any difficulty booking in o-time
refer them back to pda actuals beat them with their own tools
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
Making it difficult to book OT....
I throw back at them, "feel free to come out and test me using the correct procedures" knowing full well there isn't any!Brandy wrote:The trouble with pda actuals is just another stick for management to beat you with.In my old office I can hear it now,so and so can do it why cant you? You are too slow,not up to the job anymore,its a no win situation for the postie,unless of course you are a runner,or a Doms favourite.hans solo wrote:if any difficulty booking in o-time
refer them back to pda actuals beat them with their own tools
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
Making it difficult to book OT....
Do you just cut off instead?postslippete wrote:I don't generally bother with overtime because it's become too much hassle. The overtime book is often in the managers office,but I've heard it will often go walkabout after 4pm
-
Gramps1964
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 25 Jul 2018, 13:57
- Gender: Male
Making it difficult to book OT....
I really struggle with this part of the job. I've been a postie for a couple of years and get it wrong so often. I'm expected to look at the frame and assess the volume and the finish time. The frame looks heavy yet I finish on time, the frame looks light and I go over. I might as well flip a coin.
I just want to come to work, be given enough work to keep me busy until my finish time and then go home.
Too much to ask?
I just want to come to work, be given enough work to keep me busy until my finish time and then go home.
Too much to ask?
-
sf25
- Posts: 43
- Joined: 22 Apr 2012, 13:57
- Gender: Male
Making it difficult to book OT....
WOBBLY wrote:Anyone else’s DIM hide the overtime docket when they go home? Maybe hoping we’ll forget to book the next day....? :-/
Hide it when they go home? Our DOM doesnt even have it for anyone to see! If you are claiming over time you need to ask direct and then he starts to question why you were over your time. You would think the money was coming straight out his pocket.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Making it difficult to book OT....
That's not a very reasonable or realistic approach though is it. I dare say on the days where you finish early you don't wish for more work to keep you busy.Gramps1964 wrote: I just want to come to work, be given enough work to keep me busy until my finish time and then go home.
Too much to ask?
Ultimately as a postie with busy and light days there should be an assumption of being able to be flexible.
As it stands with the current financial outlook of the company attitudes are going to have to change, no longer can we dictate the rules as before, if the work goes what exactly are the union proposing?
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Making it difficult to book OT....
Our OT sheet hasn’t been seen for months, got told we can’t fill it in anymore and the manager looks at the signing out sheet and pays if anyone goes over... apparently it’s a national thing???
I always write down any OT I do and check that it has been paid the following week, any discrepancies I say I’ll be cutting off from now on then. We shouldn’t have to fight to get paid for work completed but RM are penny pinching b@$tards and if they can get away with it they will.
I always write down any OT I do and check that it has been paid the following week, any discrepancies I say I’ll be cutting off from now on then. We shouldn’t have to fight to get paid for work completed but RM are penny pinching b@$tards and if they can get away with it they will.
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Making it difficult to book OT....
They want it both ways, work over to deliver what they give you but not pay you. Or bully and harass staff who refuse to go over. PDA Actuals are a great tool to back up claims, but the screws don't use it fairly, hide or put squiggly lines through sheets, enabling a form of enslavement. Nationally the union has to tackle this, as there is now a concerted effort by DOMs in our region to target certain people for special treatment
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Making it difficult to book OT....
I would say we are lucky to get one light day, the Tuesday , each week. Add in a bit more WTLL and the MC delaying getting the mail out & sending the sequenced trays out later. Then we end up with most days going over and a reluctance to pay for it.norm wrote:That's not a very reasonable or realistic approach though is it. I dare say on the days where you finish early you don't wish for more work to keep you busy.Gramps1964 wrote: I just want to come to work, be given enough work to keep me busy until my finish time and then go home.
Too much to ask?
Ultimately as a postie with busy and light days there should be an assumption of being able to be flexible.
As it stands with the current financial outlook of the company attitudes are going to have to change, no longer can we dictate the rules as before, if the work goes what exactly are the union proposing?
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.