ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

RM IHR and critical illness insurance

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dawsonmcc
Posts: 26
Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 15:53
Gender: Male

RM IHR and critical illness insurance

Post by dawsonmcc »

Good afternoon all i am a postie with 14 yrs service and I am currently off work awaiting spine surgery including 2 disc removal and spine fusion. I have only been off 7 weeks and it will be a couple of weeks yet until operation and then recuperation. my issue is that the great leader (DOM) is asking me to take IHR. I right i said get to xxxx as you can imagine my disgust. My surgeon has said that it would be extremely unlikely that i will be able to do my core job work again. Now I have taken out the royal mail critical illness cover and had this for 4 years now and included in the insurance is a clause that will pay out if I have total permanent disability but this is paid out of my weekly wage and I am not sure if RM force me to take IHR would i still be able to claim on my critical illness insurance on just RM say so any help would be greatfully apprrciated
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

RM IHR and critical illness insurance

Post by rubberbond »

Can't you ring the insurance provider and ask them , it's their policy , so they should know.
dawsonmcc
Posts: 26
Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 15:53
Gender: Male

RM IHR and critical illness insurance

Post by dawsonmcc »

rubberbond wrote:Can't you ring the insurance provider and ask them , it's their policy , so they should know.

I have tried but the critical illness policy that you get through my bundle is owned by the policy holder which is royal mail group and they won't entertain my question