I started working for RM the end of January. I have had no holidays, been working overtime and my day off.
I have just had 3 days off sick as was taken to hospital.
I have today received a letter to say I will not be getting sickpay.
Is this right?? I know I havent been at Royal Mail long but thought sickpay was paid.
Thanks in advance
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
sick Pay
-
Sledge4211
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 03 Dec 2018, 14:47
- Gender: Male
sick Pay
Yes this is standard procedure. After 12 months service you will be entitled to full sick pay unless your contract states otherwise.has2tri wrote:I started working for RM the end of January. I have had no holidays, been working overtime and my day off.
I have just had 3 days off sick as was taken to hospital.
I have today received a letter to say I will not be getting sickpay.
Is this right?? I know I havent been at Royal Mail long but thought sickpay was paid.
Thanks in advance
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
sick Pay
even after 12 months isn't it up to the DOM whether they pay you or not?Sledge4211 wrote:Yes this is standard procedure. After 12 months service you will be entitled to full sick pay unless your contract states otherwise.has2tri wrote:I started working for RM the end of January. I have had no holidays, been working overtime and my day off.
I have just had 3 days off sick as was taken to hospital.
I have today received a letter to say I will not be getting sickpay.
Is this right?? I know I havent been at Royal Mail long but thought sickpay was paid.
Thanks in advance
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
sick Pay
FirstPost wrote:even after 12 months isn't it up to the DOM whether they pay you or not?Sledge4211 wrote:Yes this is standard procedure. After 12 months service you will be entitled to full sick pay unless your contract states otherwise.has2tri wrote:I started working for RM the end of January. I have had no holidays, been working overtime and my day off.
I have just had 3 days off sick as was taken to hospital.
I have today received a letter to say I will not be getting sickpay.
Is this right?? I know I havent been at Royal Mail long but thought sickpay was paid.
Thanks in advance
Yes but they have to have a very good reason why they stopped it unless you have exhausted the time limits.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
sick Pay
You can claim ssp which won't pay you anything as you have not been over a week off. But it will still be better for you if you go on the sick within the next 26weeks and you had made a claim at this point, as the two separate or more periods can be linked and then theirs no WAITING TIME.
-
goneaway
- Posts: 314
- Joined: 20 Oct 2016, 19:50
- Gender: Male
sick Pay
In fact, you do not have to have been off work for over a week. This from the gov.uk website:Navalron wrote:You can claim ssp which won't pay you anything as you have not been over a week off. But it will still be better for you if you go on the sick within the next 26weeks and you had made a claim at this point, as the two separate or more periods can be linked and then theirs no WAITING TIME.
"You can get £94.25 per week Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) if you’re too ill to work. It’s paid by your employer for up to 28 weeks.
"You need to qualify for SSP and have been off work sick for 4 or more days in a row (including non-working days).
"You cannot get less than the statutory amount."
https://www.gov.uk/statutory-sick-pay" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;