ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff
One again we have the absolute ridiculous scenes where you have to COUNT by hand, in your head, using a pencil, manually, whatever, Poll Cards.
This is just stupidity. In this day and age, with all the technology available, we have to count them. Makes my blood boil.
Some people get 3p some people get twice as much. Stupid.
You have to 'claim' and hope your manager gets it right. Stupid.
If we are paid for them separately, surely this means we have a choice? Can I choose not to deliver them? No way.
Then there is the whole hornets nest of 'you can't claim overtime'. How do I know which items took me over my time? Stupid.
Everything, every single thing we do should be under the normal workload. We should be free to choose to work overtime or cut off.
This is just stupidity. In this day and age, with all the technology available, we have to count them. Makes my blood boil.
Some people get 3p some people get twice as much. Stupid.
You have to 'claim' and hope your manager gets it right. Stupid.
If we are paid for them separately, surely this means we have a choice? Can I choose not to deliver them? No way.
Then there is the whole hornets nest of 'you can't claim overtime'. How do I know which items took me over my time? Stupid.
Everything, every single thing we do should be under the normal workload. We should be free to choose to work overtime or cut off.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff
you can choose not to take the extra payment per item and then just work your hours as usual following cut off procedure. You`ll still have to take election material into your workload but then dont book the extra money per item, then youd be 100% justified in finishing at your contracted finish time.
When booking the extra payment per item you are essentially agreeing to that implied overtime. For a lot of posties this is basically money for old rope as they can finish within their duty time (or slightly over) and get the extra payments so its win-win. If its causing you to go over and you do not wish to, then I think working to your time but not booking per item would be a fair trade off and thus would mean they couldnt expect you to work over.
When booking the extra payment per item you are essentially agreeing to that implied overtime. For a lot of posties this is basically money for old rope as they can finish within their duty time (or slightly over) and get the extra payments so its win-win. If its causing you to go over and you do not wish to, then I think working to your time but not booking per item would be a fair trade off and thus would mean they couldnt expect you to work over.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32801
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff
That Labour election leaflet was far to thin to even try & deliver without out mail, Health & Safety issue 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff
I thought the greens were thinner, at least here they were.mattycash wrote:That Labour election leaflet was far to thin to even try & deliver without out mail, Health & Safety issue
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff
The worst so far were UKIPs addressed leaflet.
The were stuck together with some kind of electrical charge left behind by Farage.
It's always been an interesting conundrum in a business that doesn't do compulsory overtime how can you compel people to deliver leaflets without resourcing the work.
Never had a satisfactory answer to that one.
The were stuck together with some kind of electrical charge left behind by Farage.
It's always been an interesting conundrum in a business that doesn't do compulsory overtime how can you compel people to deliver leaflets without resourcing the work.
Never had a satisfactory answer to that one.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff
4. How are you meant to know which bits of mail are making you go over? It's obviously everything equally.
Also, doesn't mention any option not to deliver them. No choice in the matter.
-
Bernardson
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 23:22
I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff
Royal Mail doesn't want to pay you either. That was part of the proposals in the last pay negotiations.
-
Scama_bug
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 30 Mar 2019, 22:43
- Gender: Male
I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff
I always get paid for them, even if I do 30 I still get paid.Bernardson wrote:Royal Mail doesn't want to pay you either. That was part of the proposals in the last pay negotiations.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff
It’s stupid yes but everything is in this company and if they want you to waste time counting poll cards etc then so be it, if it takes you over your time cut off.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff
That's the whole point. You can't. You aren't meant to anyway, as they have to be done in your own time.Jpro747 wrote:It’s stupid yes but everything is in this company and if they want you to waste time counting poll cards etc then so be it, if it takes you over your time cut off.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff
isn't farage now with the Brexit party not ukip?Woody Guthrie wrote:The worst so far were UKIPs addressed leaflet.
The were stuck together with some kind of electrical charge left behind by Farage.
It's always been an interesting conundrum in a business that doesn't do compulsory overtime how can you compel people to deliver leaflets without resourcing the work.
Never had a satisfactory answer to that one.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff
He left because of all the in fighting ask Mike Hookem failing that Steven Woolfe or Diane James what a joke talk about big hitters in the party.arnold cheshire wrote:isn't farage now with the Brexit party not ukip?Woody Guthrie wrote:The worst so far were UKIPs addressed leaflet.
The were stuck together with some kind of electrical charge left behind by Farage.
It's always been an interesting conundrum in a business that doesn't do compulsory overtime how can you compel people to deliver leaflets without resourcing the work.
Never had a satisfactory answer to that one.
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff
Yes.arnold cheshire wrote:isn't farage now with the Brexit party not ukip?Woody Guthrie wrote:The worst so far were UKIPs addressed leaflet.
The were stuck together with some kind of electrical charge left behind by Farage.
It's always been an interesting conundrum in a business that doesn't do compulsory overtime how can you compel people to deliver leaflets without resourcing the work.
Never had a satisfactory answer to that one.
The joke if it could be called that was that Farage had left behind the electrical charge like some kind of manifestation of evil.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
I don't want to be paid for Poll Cards and other Election stuff
What ever happened to Henry Bolton? he was UKIP leader was he not you know the guy always had women in suitcases https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... andal.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;