ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Election Leaflets and Polling Cards
-
thedonkey
- Posts: 141
- Joined: 28 Nov 2016, 13:57
- Gender: Male
Election Leaflets and Polling Cards
What is the payment rate per item for polling cards and election leaflets? I have read that it is 6p but I understand our office is get 3p. Something about a local agreement.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Election Leaflets and Polling Cards
A long long time ago offices were paid in different ways for the delivery of poling cards and election leaflets.
At some point we all moved to a unit price but the unit price differed according to the formula that was originally in use.
The anomaly remains to this day with some offices on 3p/item and some on 6.5p per item and others somewhere in between.
We all do the same job. We should all get the same rate but it doesn't appear to be on the union's agenda.
At some point we all moved to a unit price but the unit price differed according to the formula that was originally in use.
The anomaly remains to this day with some offices on 3p/item and some on 6.5p per item and others somewhere in between.
We all do the same job. We should all get the same rate but it doesn't appear to be on the union's agenda.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
thedonkey
- Posts: 141
- Joined: 28 Nov 2016, 13:57
- Gender: Male
Election Leaflets and Polling Cards
Thanks for the reply. Indeed we are all doing the same yet not paid the same I thought that was illegal. As an aside can I conscientiously object to delivering UKIP and Tory election leaflets?
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Election Leaflets and Polling Cards
The only rate that I could see RM agreeing to would be 0p (just done as normal workload)clashcityrocker wrote:We should all get the same rate but it doesn't appear to be on the union's agenda.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Election Leaflets and Polling Cards
It's the Labour ones you should be objecting to,with the damage they do every time they get elected, this lot will be the worst yet. If you need to know why ,just look at Venezuela and Cuba ,that's their blueprint.thedonkey wrote:Thanks for the reply. Indeed we are all doing the same yet not paid the same I thought that was illegal. As an aside can I conscientiously object to delivering UKIP and Tory election leaflets?
-
Zoemaz123
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 07 Nov 2018, 22:49
- Gender: Female
Election Leaflets and Polling Cards
I’ve been with Royal Mail around 6 months so my first European election, just wondering if anyone knows if we will get anymore election leaflets or letters it was terrible last week
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
Election Leaflets and Polling Cards
It depends how many parties and independents are standing in your particular area ! You can check ( usually) through your local council, on their website or if you have a postal ballot paper on there. In my region we are talking 10 options. . . And each party or candidate will likely wish to promote their agenda !
If you've not received many mailings and leaflets yet I'd be telling you to expect a tsunami this week coming. But as this election is like no other in recent history it's anyone's guess. Some may not bother if they feel they have no chance especially as Brexit may be just around the corner ? ? ?
If you've not received many mailings and leaflets yet I'd be telling you to expect a tsunami this week coming. But as this election is like no other in recent history it's anyone's guess. Some may not bother if they feel they have no chance especially as Brexit may be just around the corner ? ? ?
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Election Leaflets and Polling Cards
There will be a lot more election mailings - RM have told us to clear them as soon as we can so they don't back up.Zoemaz123 wrote:I’ve been with Royal Mail around 6 months so my first European election, just wondering if anyone knows if we will get anymore election leaflets or letters it was terrible last week
I think we have had these so far:
Poll cards
Some postal voting envelopes
Unaddressed Labour leaflets
Addressed Lib Dem envelopes
Addressed Brexit party leaflets
Unaddressed Conservative leaflets.
So plenty more parties left to go both addressed & unaddressed. Main two parties are worried about major losses but frankly more leaflets isn't going to changes the majority decision which has increased in percentage.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Election Leaflets and Polling Cards
See para 6 of POSTMAN's post dated 18 Mar 2016 timed at 0045, in the thread below if you want to give it a try:thedonkey wrote:Thanks for the reply. Indeed we are all doing the same yet not paid the same I thought that was illegal. As an aside can I conscientiously object to delivering UKIP and Tory election leaflets?
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... on#p728111" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Election Leaflets and Polling Cards
To be blunt, only if you can't tell the difference between Communism, Revolutionary Socialism and Democratic Socialism.rubberbond wrote:If you need to know why ,just look at Venezuela and Cuba ,that's their blueprint.thedonkey wrote:Thanks for the reply. Indeed we are all doing the same yet not paid the same I thought that was illegal. As an aside can I conscientiously object to delivering UKIP and Tory election leaflets?
and to the OP, yes, there is a conscience clause in the election material leafets agreement that allows posties to "not deliver" items that they believe may go against their conscience, or that delivery them would present a safety concern.
However, by refusing to deliver certain leaflets, to enable Royal Mail to comply with the law on Election Material you may need to be flexible as to the duty you are performing.
In essence, you can refuse, but RM still have to deliver them. They can do this by letting someone do just those lealfets and claim for them, or they can more you from a duty to enable the leaflets to be delivered within specs.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Election Leaflets and Polling Cards
we heard the funniest thing ever this morning . WHATS THE PAYMENT FOR THE LEAFLETS /ELECTION ?? reply was nothing there a D2D

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Election Leaflets and Polling Cards
That is incorrect. You should be getting at least 3p per item even when they are addressed items.maisymoo04 wrote:we heard the funniest thing ever this morning . WHATS THE PAYMENT FOR THE LEAFLETS /ELECTION ?? reply was nothing there a D2D![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
nuns
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 14 Oct 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Election Leaflets and Polling Cards
6p each , and no overtime , as its only 6p items making you go over (no it aint) 
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Election Leaflets and Polling Cards
Yes you can. Usually if you refuse to do them another postie will do your walk and you will be moved elsewhere until the leaflets are delivered.yellowbelly wrote:See para 6 of POSTMAN's post dated 18 Mar 2016 timed at 0045, in the thread below if you want to give it a try:thedonkey wrote:Thanks for the reply. Indeed we are all doing the same yet not paid the same I thought that was illegal. As an aside can I conscientiously object to delivering UKIP and Tory election leaflets?
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... on#p728111" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Dingo99
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 14:04
- Gender: Male
Election Leaflets and Polling Cards
Yeah it sucks, I have done election stuff loads of times and it's always a measly 3p and to boot you get told you can't book overtime. What really angered me though was once my poll cards came in after everyone else for some reason and they had lapsing, luckily a young manager took my lapsing off of me, but seriously, can't book overtime? It's a bloody joke, sick of this job but stuck, can't get another job that is full time and pays as well for unskilled labour. Just sick of management pulling banking of hours bullcrap and asking me if I want to erase my overtime as I went home early (once in a blue moon) on a Tuesday. I'm on a rant here but this has been the worst year yet with volumed and the demographics are changing so every time an old person sadly dies, some younger couple move in and guess what? They order a shi* tonne of packets. In the last two months or whatever I have had about two good days where I actually got back to the office before lock up and had a coffee and a sit down. Sick of going over, all I want is to finish on me time, but my DIM says if I don't complete I have to keep doing what I missed first the next day and vice versa the day after that, bloody joke, sorry just really fed up of my job, can't you tell?? lol Can't wait to start all over tomorrow and prep my 5 door to doors (well 5 including Labour unaddressed items), vented my steam for now lol have a good evening anyone reading my convoluted ranting!