ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Uniform Roadshow

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Redvannon
Posts: 59
Joined: 27 Nov 2017, 20:09
Gender: Male

Uniform Roadshow

Post by Redvannon »

I read in the courier that the tender for Dimensions was up and that RM were doing a roadshow with the new uniform to some D.Os and M.Cs. thise of you who managed to see the roadshow, what are your thoughts? And what new/different things are there?
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Uniform Roadshow

Post by greengiant »

Redvannon wrote:I read in the courier that the tender for Dimensions was up and that RM were doing a roadshow with the new uniform to some D.Os and M.Cs. thise of you who managed to see the roadshow, what are your thoughts? And what new/different things are there?
I'd settle for not having to ask ones line manager, 10 times for replacement footwear due to the soles wearing out in 8 weeks, thus putting you over your annual allowance...
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4110
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Uniform Roadshow

Post by ted_e_bear »

Did anyone who attended the roadshow request a waterproof coat that didn't piss rain through after the first half an hour ?
Altrider
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 81
Joined: 12 Feb 2013, 17:29
Gender: Male

Uniform Roadshow

Post by Altrider »

ted_e_bear wrote:a waterproof coat that didn't piss rain through after the first half an hour ?
Oh, they've improved by 20 mins since I left? :nana
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Uniform Roadshow

Post by Celgar »

I was experiencing that 'rain running down the inside of my stormproof coat arms' feeling on Wednesday & Thursday this week.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

Uniform Roadshow

Post by norris9 »

Celgar wrote:I was experiencing that 'rain running down the inside of my stormproof coat arms' feeling on Wednesday & Thursday this week.
I thought this once when it was raining and was like - how the heck is there water/rain running down my arms....it was actually sweat.....nice!
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Uniform Roadshow

Post by Celgar »

norris9 wrote:
Celgar wrote:I was experiencing that 'rain running down the inside of my stormproof coat arms' feeling on Wednesday & Thursday this week.
I thought this once when it was raining and was like - how the heck is there water/rain running down my arms....it was actually sweat.....nice!
The coat isn't good when it's hot & raining but it was definitely rainwater coming down my arms and quite a lot.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
barcajr
Posts: 168
Joined: 12 Oct 2009, 01:04
Gender: Male

Uniform Roadshow

Post by barcajr »

Agree with Greengiant, I get fed up having to badger my manager to order me new footwear, when my soles have worn out, after being told that I've gone over my annual allowance
max power
Posts: 113
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 21:30

Uniform Roadshow

Post by max power »

Main thing for me would be allowance for Trousers we should be allowed 6 pairs minimum
Redvannon
Posts: 59
Joined: 27 Nov 2017, 20:09
Gender: Male

Uniform Roadshow

Post by Redvannon »

You're all doing well wearing the shoes! the 3 pairs I've had (Flex clown shoes, Anvil amd Magnum) gove me bad footache after wearing any of them for a couple of days.

The cagoule doesn't exactly helpnin a quick shower and the orange one leaks.

Why they don't team up with an outdoors company like Trespass or Mountain Warehouse or someone like that baffles me.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Uniform Roadshow

Post by clashcityrocker »

Redvannon wrote:
Why they don't team up with an outdoors company like Trespass or Mountain Warehouse or someone like that baffles me.
Because it would cost money.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4110
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Uniform Roadshow

Post by ted_e_bear »

Redvannon wrote: The cagoule doesn't exactly helpnin a quick shower and the orange one leaks.
Haha don't even get me started on the f'kin cagoule !
Redvannon
Posts: 59
Joined: 27 Nov 2017, 20:09
Gender: Male

Uniform Roadshow

Post by Redvannon »

clashcityrocker wrote:
Redvannon wrote:
Why they don't team up with an outdoors company like Trespass or Mountain Warehouse or someone like that baffles me.
Because it would cost money.

Fair point. But you'd like to think they care about quality of goods
Redvannon
Posts: 59
Joined: 27 Nov 2017, 20:09
Gender: Male

Uniform Roadshow

Post by Redvannon »

ted_e_bear wrote:
Redvannon wrote: The cagoule doesn't exactly helpnin a quick shower and the orange one leaks.
Haha don't even get me started on the f'kin cagoule !
Hahahaha no idea who tested it and said it was suitable. Terrible thing