ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Uniform Roadshow
-
Redvannon
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 27 Nov 2017, 20:09
- Gender: Male
Uniform Roadshow
I read in the courier that the tender for Dimensions was up and that RM were doing a roadshow with the new uniform to some D.Os and M.Cs. thise of you who managed to see the roadshow, what are your thoughts? And what new/different things are there?
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Uniform Roadshow
I'd settle for not having to ask ones line manager, 10 times for replacement footwear due to the soles wearing out in 8 weeks, thus putting you over your annual allowance...Redvannon wrote:I read in the courier that the tender for Dimensions was up and that RM were doing a roadshow with the new uniform to some D.Os and M.Cs. thise of you who managed to see the roadshow, what are your thoughts? And what new/different things are there?
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Uniform Roadshow
Did anyone who attended the roadshow request a waterproof coat that didn't piss rain through after the first half an hour ?
-
Altrider
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 12 Feb 2013, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Uniform Roadshow
Oh, they've improved by 20 mins since I left?ted_e_bear wrote:a waterproof coat that didn't piss rain through after the first half an hour ?
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Uniform Roadshow
I was experiencing that 'rain running down the inside of my stormproof coat arms' feeling on Wednesday & Thursday this week.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Uniform Roadshow
I thought this once when it was raining and was like - how the heck is there water/rain running down my arms....it was actually sweat.....nice!Celgar wrote:I was experiencing that 'rain running down the inside of my stormproof coat arms' feeling on Wednesday & Thursday this week.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Uniform Roadshow
The coat isn't good when it's hot & raining but it was definitely rainwater coming down my arms and quite a lot.norris9 wrote:I thought this once when it was raining and was like - how the heck is there water/rain running down my arms....it was actually sweat.....nice!Celgar wrote:I was experiencing that 'rain running down the inside of my stormproof coat arms' feeling on Wednesday & Thursday this week.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
barcajr
- Posts: 168
- Joined: 12 Oct 2009, 01:04
- Gender: Male
Uniform Roadshow
Agree with Greengiant, I get fed up having to badger my manager to order me new footwear, when my soles have worn out, after being told that I've gone over my annual allowance
-
max power
- Posts: 113
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 21:30
Uniform Roadshow
Main thing for me would be allowance for Trousers we should be allowed 6 pairs minimum
-
Redvannon
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 27 Nov 2017, 20:09
- Gender: Male
Uniform Roadshow
You're all doing well wearing the shoes! the 3 pairs I've had (Flex clown shoes, Anvil amd Magnum) gove me bad footache after wearing any of them for a couple of days.
The cagoule doesn't exactly helpnin a quick shower and the orange one leaks.
Why they don't team up with an outdoors company like Trespass or Mountain Warehouse or someone like that baffles me.
The cagoule doesn't exactly helpnin a quick shower and the orange one leaks.
Why they don't team up with an outdoors company like Trespass or Mountain Warehouse or someone like that baffles me.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Uniform Roadshow
Because it would cost money.Redvannon wrote:
Why they don't team up with an outdoors company like Trespass or Mountain Warehouse or someone like that baffles me.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Uniform Roadshow
Haha don't even get me started on the f'kin cagoule !Redvannon wrote: The cagoule doesn't exactly helpnin a quick shower and the orange one leaks.
-
Redvannon
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 27 Nov 2017, 20:09
- Gender: Male
Uniform Roadshow
clashcityrocker wrote:Because it would cost money.Redvannon wrote:
Why they don't team up with an outdoors company like Trespass or Mountain Warehouse or someone like that baffles me.
Fair point. But you'd like to think they care about quality of goods
-
Redvannon
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 27 Nov 2017, 20:09
- Gender: Male
Uniform Roadshow
Hahahaha no idea who tested it and said it was suitable. Terrible thingted_e_bear wrote:Haha don't even get me started on the f'kin cagoule !Redvannon wrote: The cagoule doesn't exactly helpnin a quick shower and the orange one leaks.