ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

2 Weeks After RM Interview

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Beancounter
Posts: 60
Joined: 14 Oct 2017, 18:10
Gender: Male

2 Weeks After RM Interview

Post by Beancounter »

I was interviewed for a postie job at my local office 2 weeks ago. The status on my profile on the jobs section of the websites still states "interview/assesment" for the status.

I'd have thought after this time it would have been filled?
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

2 Weeks After RM Interview

Post by greengiant »

Beancounter wrote:I was interviewed for a postie job at my local office 2 weeks ago. The status on my profile on the jobs section of the websites still states "interview/assesment" for the status.

I'd have thought after this time it would have been filled?
Be patient, and don't give up hope.

I was initially put on a waiting list for a vacancy after my interview, only to get a phone call a couple of weeks later offering me the position. Good luck!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

2 Weeks After RM Interview

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Beancounter wrote:I was interviewed for a postie job at my local office 2 weeks ago. The status on my profile on the jobs section of the websites still states "interview/assesment" for the status.

I'd have thought after this time it would have been filled?
With a normal company that recruits locally yes. However, Royal Mail recruits centrally and it is very glacial in its processes.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
fiveoclockhero
Posts: 88
Joined: 07 Oct 2012, 11:59
Gender: Male

2 Weeks After RM Interview

Post by fiveoclockhero »

Beancounter wrote:I was interviewed for a postie job at my local office 2 weeks ago. The status on my profile on the jobs section of the websites still states "interview/assesment" for the status.

I'd have thought after this time it would have been filled?
Don’t worry just yet. It was 4 weeks before I was told I was successful. Good luck
gimba
Posts: 192
Joined: 08 Aug 2018, 21:12
Gender: Male

2 Weeks After RM Interview

Post by gimba »

I'm the my candidate page , where it shows what stage you're at, top right of the website should be something like change destination, or code or something .. there is one for USA I believe, do that and see if it makes a difference, did with mine and a few others

Edit: this is it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

2 Weeks After RM Interview

Post by Celgar »

RM HR department are utterly incompetent. I suggest you phone or email them and chase them up otherwise they will leave you in limbo.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.