ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Do I have an arguement?
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
Do I have an arguement?
Reserve here, start at 9am, my parcels and tracked parcels are never prepared neither are the re-directions done and sometimes I'll have a grey box worth of letters/magazines to throw up aswell. Nothing ever gets done about it but I have no issue with this, I neither have an issue with other P/T coming in at 8.30am and not taking a break, it is what it is...don't care how others do the job or how fast they are. I focus on myself, do the job properly and take my 30 minute break. I don't mind going over my finish time as I need the extra money. 90% of people have left the office by 9.30am but I'm still there until way after 10am tieing up. Now bear in mind the people that actually bother to take their break have already had it before I get into work
This is where I start to get annoyed, I am getting questioned by the DOM and line manager as to why I'm going over nearly everyday. They know its never thrown up for me and I don't leave until after 10am (I still haven't had my break yet)
What is the best way to handle this?
This is where I start to get annoyed, I am getting questioned by the DOM and line manager as to why I'm going over nearly everyday. They know its never thrown up for me and I don't leave until after 10am (I still haven't had my break yet)
What is the best way to handle this?
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Do I have an arguement?
speak to your union rep
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Do I have an arguement?
Of course you have an argument,it simply can’t be allowed to go on,it’s not fair,why do the bosses not tackle this and simply address the issue and put it right,he must see what time you finish,he should be pro active about it,I guess he just thinks you’re being awkward,maybe they will address it on rmtv ?
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32801
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Do I have an arguement?
@royalmailmanagers, why why why do you do this? 
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
Do I have an arguement?
DOM has said no one is available to do it as they are all 'super' busy prepping and sorting elsewhere, have been told by the union rep that it shouldPostie45 wrote:speak to your union rep
be 'partly' thrown up (another grey area in RM) when I arrive to the frame 'partly' is about 4 letters that were in a packet bag
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
Do I have an arguement?
I don't care how the ship is run and dont mind going over but as long as I'm paid for the hours I workPOSTMAN wrote:@royalmailmanagers, why why why do you do this?
Last edited by FirstPost on 09 May 2019, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
-
themailman
- Posts: 399
- Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Do I have an arguement?
Take your contracted daily hours.
Take the break off.
Take the allocated duty time off (4 - 4.5 hours)
That will leave you with the time you are supposed to spend doing indoor/prep.
Generally speaking, as a PT member of staff, your walk should be fully prepped for you coming in, you do re-directions, tie down and van/hct load.
Take the break off.
Take the allocated duty time off (4 - 4.5 hours)
That will leave you with the time you are supposed to spend doing indoor/prep.
Generally speaking, as a PT member of staff, your walk should be fully prepped for you coming in, you do re-directions, tie down and van/hct load.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Do I have an arguement?
If they are questioning why you are going over and claiming overtime then I would for at least one day advise them that you can complete within the time given and ask them what you should do. When they ask why are you "cutting off", say as politely as possible you always question when I go over, and I have a personal matter to attend to.FirstPost wrote:Reserve here, start at 9am, my parcels and tracked parcels are never prepared neither are the re-directions done and sometimes I'll have a grey box worth of letters/magazines to throw up aswell. Nothing ever gets done about it but I have no issue with this, I neither have an issue with other P/T coming in at 8.30am and not taking a break, it is what it is...don't care how others do the job or how fast they are. I focus on myself, do the job properly and take my 30 minute break. I don't mind going over my finish time as I need the extra money. 90% of people have left the office by 9.30am but I'm still there until way after 10am tieing up. Now bear in mind the people that actually bother to take their break have already had it before I get into work
This is where I start to get annoyed, I am getting questioned by the DOM and line manager as to why I'm going over nearly everyday. They know its never thrown up for me and I don't leave until after 10am (I still haven't had my break yet)
What is the best way to handle this?
Overtime is voluntary in RM, don't volunteer all the time otherwise the come to expect it.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
tommyrep
- Posts: 561
- Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
- Gender: Male
Do I have an arguement?
And as long as you get paid the over time you are entitled to and you are happy work it, carry on doing as you are lad!FirstPost wrote:I don't care how the ship is run as long as I'm paid for the hours I workPOSTMAN wrote:@royalmailmanagers, why why why do you do this?
Do not let them intimidate you, because rest assured they will try their hardest. If only more followed your lead this would reduce B&H by those managers who use intimidation in an attempt to get you to follow the others, much easier as a group.
Are you the only one btw who’s Mail is not fully prepped? I would suspect you are not, but other PTs often fall into the trap of going in early to finish off prep work that should have been done and that tends to isolate the others who don’t - like you! Many people cannot cope with the type pressure exerted on claiming OT and prefer not to claim or give up their own time to avoid the hassle it attracts. It is a horrible practice utilised by most managers, largely ignored by the CWU - unfortunately.
-
bigal383
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 492
- Joined: 11 Dec 2012, 16:20
- Gender: Male
Do I have an arguement?
Start leaving it if u book it it will never be sorted if they get u in early then clear it it’s simple if u don’t want to work over don’t bother but don’t be scared
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Do I have an arguement?
Interesting.....themailman wrote:Generally speaking, as a PT member of staff, your walk should be fully prepped for you coming in, you do re-directions, tie down and van/hct load.
Past 2 days for me this hasn't been the case, had to do all parcels today and yesterday I had to do all parcels and a tonne of letters/leaflets....
Maybe rare occasions due to the bank holidays. Though I don't remember it being so much of an issue the last time we had bank holidays - a few weeks back.
-
Marshamp11
- Posts: 437
- Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Do I have an arguement?
Get yourself a diary and note down daily what hasnt been prepped. Then any time in future when questioned you can spout daily data on why you go over. Royal Mail love data except when you quote data back at them.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32801
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Do I have an arguement?
It varies from office to office and depends on what hr's the PT''s are on.norris9 wrote:Interesting.....themailman wrote:Generally speaking, as a PT member of staff, your walk should be fully prepped for you coming in, you do re-directions, tie down and van/hct load.
Past 2 days for me this hasn't been the case, had to do all parcels today and yesterday I had to do all parcels and a tonne of letters/leaflets....
Maybe rare occasions due to the bank holidays. Though I don't remember it being so much of an issue the last time we had bank holidays - a few weeks back.
There is no one size fits all/this PT has to do this, that PT has to do that.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Do I have an arguement?
themailman wrote:Take your contracted daily hours.
Take the break off.
Take the allocated duty time off (4 - 4.5 hours)
That will leave you with the time you are supposed to spend doing indoor/prep.
Generally speaking, as a PT member of staff, your walk should be fully prepped for you coming in, you do re-directions, tie down and van/hct load.
That’s far too general a reply in terms of your walk should be fully prepped. We have part timers on 35hrs, 30hrs, 28hrs, 25hrs and 20hrs. All have completely different elements of indoor work expected.
-
tommyrep
- Posts: 561
- Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
- Gender: Male
Do I have an arguement?
That is true!joewyan wrote:themailman wrote:Take your contracted daily hours.
Take the break off.
Take the allocated duty time off (4 - 4.5 hours)
That will leave you with the time you are supposed to spend doing indoor/prep.
Generally speaking, as a PT member of staff, your walk should be fully prepped for you coming in, you do re-directions, tie down and van/hct load.
That’s far too general a reply in terms of your walk should be fully prepped. We have part timers on 35hrs, 30hrs, 28hrs, 25hrs and 20hrs. All have completely different elements of indoor work expected.
By the posters expressions it would appear the prep work should have already been done before their start time.
Poor, weak management and are spouting non valid excuses for it not being done. He/she states that others have left the office before official time, leaving their work still to be done. How can that be possible? or allowed.
Any work needing done that causes a later than scheduled time out the office, will obviously impact on the outdoor delivery load. Incurring OT payment if desired, or cutting off! how managers do not see such an obvious logic in that, is a mystery.