ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

No day off

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dreamflyer
Posts: 8
Joined: 08 Mar 2019, 23:56
Gender: Male

No day off

Post by dreamflyer »

I looked at the rota and for the week after next, I’ve got annual leave for two days but I’ve got no day off unlike the other weeks where I’ve got one day off every week. Even though I’m off for 2 days that week with annual leave, am I still entitled to my usual day off as well?
leolion855
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
Gender: Male

No day off

Post by leolion855 »

of course you are , unless you do a deal with the dom to add one of your annual leave days back to your entitlement.
LittleEmm
Posts: 34
Joined: 23 Jan 2019, 16:40
Gender: Female

No day off

Post by LittleEmm »

It may be that they have given you Monday (being a BH) as your day off, this will mean you can either claim an extra day in lieu on your holiday entitlement or get paid extra for it?
gary1975
Posts: 482
Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
Gender: Male

No day off

Post by gary1975 »

There is no bank holiday the week after next
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

No day off

Post by arnold cheshire »

dreamflyer wrote:I looked at the rota and for the week after next, I’ve got annual leave for two days but I’ve got no day off unlike the other weeks where I’ve got one day off every week. Even though I’m off for 2 days that week with annual leave, am I still entitled to my usual day off as well?
Ask the bully when your day off is
LittleEmm
Posts: 34
Joined: 23 Jan 2019, 16:40
Gender: Female

No day off

Post by LittleEmm »

gary1975 wrote:There is no bank holiday the week after next
Apologies I miss read the post was thinking you meant next week
picture123
Posts: 121
Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 20:42
Gender: Male

No day off

Post by picture123 »

Depends if you've a set/rotate day off. If not one of the days will be your day off the other is annual leave.