I've left Royal Mail handed in a 4 week notice beginning of april what contract required and not been payed any owed holiday entitlement in yesterday's pay !
HR said talk to your Dom and ask them to e-mail detail's over to the leaver's team and we'll pay you but I call & they don't answer.
What should i do ? Has anybody have this happen to them ?
Any advice would be great.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Left Royal Mail & Not Been Payed Holiday Entitlement
-
!LivingTheDream!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 04 Mar 2019, 10:24
- Gender: Male
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Left Royal Mail & Not Been Payed Holiday Entitlement
email the manager, with a client that allows you to know when they read it if possible.
Their email addresses are usually
firstname.lastname@royalmail.com
However, if you mean leave for this leave year it's unlikely you would have accrued more than a few days anyway.
Their email addresses are usually
firstname.lastname@royalmail.com
However, if you mean leave for this leave year it's unlikely you would have accrued more than a few days anyway.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
!LivingTheDream!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 04 Mar 2019, 10:24
- Gender: Male
Left Royal Mail & Not Been Payed Holiday Entitlement
4.67 day's are owed from last year till now but HR need the Dom to e-mail the leaver's team with the information and their not answering call's/text's !!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Left Royal Mail & Not Been Payed Holiday Entitlement
Then try the email approach, with the texts it shows a documentary trail. in the email threaten ACAS involvement and then contact ACAS if that doesn't work.!LivingTheDream! wrote:4.67 day's are owed from last year till now but HR need the Dom to e-mail the leaver's team with the information and their not answering call's/text's !!
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
!LivingTheDream!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 04 Mar 2019, 10:24
- Gender: Male
Left Royal Mail & Not Been Payed Holiday Entitlement
Yes i will try the e-mail approach next then a letter and most likely both be ignored. Calls & text's have been ignored & that's two of the manager's.
Why should i be held to ransom for owed money just because a manager is in the huff with me or just doesn't like me because i stood my ground with them.
Cheer's trueblueterrier for your input.
Why should i be held to ransom for owed money just because a manager is in the huff with me or just doesn't like me because i stood my ground with them.
Cheer's trueblueterrier for your input.
-
!LivingTheDream!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 04 Mar 2019, 10:24
- Gender: Male
Left Royal Mail & Not Been Payed Holiday Entitlement
E-mail ignored.
Do the Dom's have the power to prevent holiday or any money being payed ?
Does anybody know ?
Do the Dom's have the power to prevent holiday or any money being payed ?
Does anybody know ?
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Left Royal Mail & Not Been Payed Holiday Entitlement
You could try emailing justsayit@royalmail.com - probably not what its meant for, but it may get further up the chain.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
!LivingTheDream!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 04 Mar 2019, 10:24
- Gender: Male
Left Royal Mail & Not Been Payed Holiday Entitlement
fb1969 thanks i will give that a shot.
I was pestered daily whilst on sick and then once i handed notice in it all stopped.
Now i know why as the Dom's would know they were going to do this !!
I find it very unprofessional and i want what is owed to me.
HR should be sorting this anyway they worked out over the phone what I'm owed so why not pay it ?
Why is it down to a bully cocky manager to decide who gets what their owed when they leave ?
I was pestered daily whilst on sick and then once i handed notice in it all stopped.
Now i know why as the Dom's would know they were going to do this !!
I find it very unprofessional and i want what is owed to me.
HR should be sorting this anyway they worked out over the phone what I'm owed so why not pay it ?
Why is it down to a bully cocky manager to decide who gets what their owed when they leave ?
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Left Royal Mail & Not Been Payed Holiday Entitlement
Just go in and see em face to face, get it sorted or resort to acas.
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Left Royal Mail & Not Been Payed Holiday Entitlement
Yes, face to face. It's your money. Failing that, well take him for a square go. ONLY KIDDING. 
-
!LivingTheDream!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 04 Mar 2019, 10:24
- Gender: Male
Left Royal Mail & Not Been Payed Holiday Entitlement
Letter ignored. Called HR he still hasn't updated them with detail's.
Acas next & then I'm more than happy to take it to a tribunal.
Going to see him face to face won't solve nothing he never listened whilst i was there he sure as hell won't when i go & ask for my money.
I won't just walkaway & forget about it though.
He shouldn't have the authority to withhold someone's money it's shocking.
I should pester him daily with call's/voicemails like he did to me whilst off sick.
Acas next & then I'm more than happy to take it to a tribunal.
Going to see him face to face won't solve nothing he never listened whilst i was there he sure as hell won't when i go & ask for my money.
I won't just walkaway & forget about it though.
He shouldn't have the authority to withhold someone's money it's shocking.
I should pester him daily with call's/voicemails like he did to me whilst off sick.