ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Extended Delivery
-
dougfunny892
- Posts: 91
- Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
- Gender: Male
Extended Delivery
Why when performing extended delivery do nearly all posties stay out on their rounds and not have a break? Surely we should return to the office and have a break then go back to complete this overtime as it is OVERTIME. My break finishes at 8.30am and on Wed, Thurs and Friday don't finish until 14.10pm that's 5 hours 40 mins without a break. Plus as it is overtime RM should get the full hit of travelling time included in this overtime. They are saving a fortune by us staying out and completing.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Extended Delivery
I have my break halfway through my working day,if they try to tell me to have it before i go out on delivery i'll refuse quoting health and safety,mine.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Extended Delivery
take all my break , 20 mins before leaving , and 20 mins halfway round
, its not just management who are to blame for this as the posties who do o/t take it out with them to try and get it done within there normal working hours , so its not really o/t to them and they are getting paid more .
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
Extended Delivery
what does your DOM and union rep say about it?Bahia Feliz wrote:I have my break halfway through my working day,if they try to tell me to have it before i go out on delivery i'll refuse quoting health and safety,mine.
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Extended Delivery
I do as I always have done, take my my break when I’m feeling hungry and or need the toilet.
Don’t forget, over 9 hours it’s a 50 minute break.
Don’t forget, over 9 hours it’s a 50 minute break.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Extended Delivery
Nothing,quite lacks at my office regarding meal relief.FirstPost wrote:what does your DOM and union rep say about it?Bahia Feliz wrote:I have my break halfway through my working day,if they try to tell me to have it before i go out on delivery i'll refuse quoting health and safety,mine.
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Extended Delivery
I take a split break, one before I go out and one during the delivery itself. Depending who I am working with this can lead to arguments as the partner sometimes wishes to hammer round without stopping. Where else in industry would you have large numbers of the workforce not taking their break and basically saying(going by the finish time), give me more work instead of paid break! Unique industry and unique fools, either bullied or rewarded for giving management what they want.
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Extended Delivery
I always go back the office for my break if I'm extending. It's only 20 minutes but it's just enough to recharge the batteries a bit with the bonus of really irritating the DIM. He tried to get me not to take it but I told him I can either come back and go back out after a break or come back and go home instead of going back out.
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Extended Delivery
EXACTLY, and higher up management look at pda data and say, quite rightly, well if he/she can do their walk and take out overtime all done within the normal hours their walks are not big enough for hours paid. Add on that bit of docket as, now part of his,/her normal duty. And this will happen and it will be them that do it shouting the loudest. When the f..k will they ever learn, especially with today's technology.worktotime wrote:take all my break , 20 mins before leaving , and 20 mins halfway round, its not just management who are to blame for this as the posties who do o/t take it out with them to try and get it done within there normal working hours , so its not really o/t to them and they are getting paid more .