So basically there is a PT duty available but it’s a lapsing walk. I am on a 30 hr contract as a reserve, being with RM for nearly a year and currently don’t know my day off until the week before.
I also do 15-30 hours OT a week. As a reserve, if I’m on a FT walk I can do FT hours but if I’m put on a PT walk it’s back to contract.
Obviously the rotating day appeals to me but I do hope to get more contracted hours if possible.
What do you guys think?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Should I sign for a lapsing round or not?
-
Jacko29
- Posts: 219
- Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
- Gender: Female
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Should I sign for a lapsing round or not?
go for it, the worst thats going to happen is when they want to lapse your going to get moved on to any walk as a reserve would but this will break the bordom of having your own round up.
Youll still be able to do plenty of ot i image if you want it.
Youll still be able to do plenty of ot i image if you want it.
-
barcajr
- Posts: 168
- Joined: 12 Oct 2009, 01:04
- Gender: Male
Should I sign for a lapsing round or not?
You might as well, if you do a lot of overtime at the moment, its unlikely to change just because you've got your own round and most importantly even if you do get moved off it because of lapsing your day off would remain the same as your round so you'll always know when your day off is
-
Jacko29
- Posts: 219
- Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
- Gender: Female
Should I sign for a lapsing round or not?
That’s the main thing I’m worried about, losing out on OT and the chance of an increase in contracted hours, although I can’t see that happening!leolion855 wrote:go for it, the worst thats going to happen is when they want to lapse your going to get moved on to any walk as a reserve would but this will break the bordom of having your own round up.
Youll still be able to do plenty of ot i image if you want it.
-
Jacko29
- Posts: 219
- Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
- Gender: Female
Should I sign for a lapsing round or not?
Knowing my day off would be great! Seriously considering it now. I’m sure I’d still be a reserve as always lapsing anyhowbarcajr wrote:You might as well, if you do a lot of overtime at the moment, its unlikely to change just because you've got your own round and most importantly even if you do get moved off it because of lapsing your day off would remain the same as your round so you'll always know when your day off is
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Should I sign for a lapsing round or not?
But you get the duty days off and you can plan your life a bit more or long weekends, it's a no brainer if you are a reserve anyway.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Should I sign for a lapsing round or not?
I would & do encourage any newbie to pick any walk that becomes available, that daily f**k about stops instantly.
-
Jacko29
- Posts: 219
- Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
- Gender: Female
Should I sign for a lapsing round or not?
Thanks for the advice. I’ve decided to go for it!
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3347
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Should I sign for a lapsing round or not?
If they'll honour the day off for the duty even though it's being lapsed, then go for it. It's certainly a step up, and one day you might get the pleasant surprise of actually doing 'your' duty. At least you know it's going to be lapsed before you sign for it 
The machine stops.
-
lillywhite
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 05 Apr 2009, 16:23
- Gender: Male
Should I sign for a lapsing round or not?
This is what I do,great knowing your day off,but with the amount of sick nowadays I think I’ve done my round about 3 weeks in the last 6 months. Not so great being treated as the office dogsbody.