ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Polling card payments
-
Ciara
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 10 Aug 2018, 15:59
- Gender: Female
Polling card payments
So I got told today that polling cards are coming in tomorrow. What I am unsure is that I am a floater and don't know how it will work for being paid. Because I know if i do any I should get paid but what I don't understand is how they know how many to pay me for?
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Polling card payments
you count how many you are going to take out with you and deliver them only. Most offices are giving walks 3 days to complete them,
so do a third tomorrow and inform the DOM of the total amount you have done :)
so do a third tomorrow and inform the DOM of the total amount you have done :)
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Polling card payments
They must be sending them out for different areas on different days, got mine in the post today
-
1617mel
- Posts: 172
- Joined: 11 Oct 2017, 15:13
- Gender: Male
Polling card payments
we had polling cards over a month ago still no payment for them think it is a lost cause, make sure if you deliver them to ensure payment, have talked to cwu rep he said some payments have been paid for the polling cards but im still waitingso not holding my breath waiting.
-
jennie-c
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 29 May 2016, 22:42
- Gender: Female
Polling card payments
You have to fill out a form on the day you deliver them, stating how many you are taking out with you, from which duty number, and the price per poll card. With your name and employee number and give it to your manager. They use this form to pay you. If you haven't filled one in then you won't get paid.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Polling card payments
The one I got in the post today is the EU elections. Got the one for local elections in the post a couple of weeks ago1617mel wrote:we had polling cards over a month ago still no payment for them think it is a lost cause, make sure if you deliver them to ensure payment, have talked to cwu rep he said some payments have been paid for the polling cards but im still waitingso not holding my breath waiting.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Polling card payments
We don't do them anymore, council deliver them themselves. Can't say I miss the penny or whatever it is you get for each one.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Polling card payments
Had a few front runners today, reckon they’ll be in tomorrow.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Polling card payments
The polling cards have to be counted and you fill in the numbers on a sheet so there is no reason to not get paid. I think it's about five or six pence per polling card.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
pex
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 27 Nov 2017, 19:02
- Gender: Male
Polling card payments
I got 6p per local election poll card delivered last month, paid within 1 week and just had to say how many I had done.
No form filling ect,
No form filling ect,
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Polling card payments
just count how many calls on your frame and double it, rurals by 1 and a half
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Polling card payments
I remember talking to a guy who worked for the council and was out delivering them on the side, he was getting paid 25p each for them! (and that was about 10 years ago)postietom wrote:We don't do them anymore, council deliver them themselves. Can't say I miss the penny or whatever it is you get for each one.
-
Glennf.1982
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 03 Jan 2019, 06:16
- Gender: Male
Polling card payments
Confused newbie here. My frame is 754 houses. We were told to take the tops sheets off the packs of poll cards and put our name on. Simple.....I got paid 32 quid. My friend who works elsewhere. Does less houses and gets 81 quid. Shes told to times here number of houses by 2.5. Is my office or maybe just me getting screwed?eastie wrote:just count how many calls on your frame and double it, rurals by 1 and a half
-
citypostie
- Posts: 895
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Polling card payments
We are told , number of calls X 2 then add 200 to cover houses with more than 2 voters
-
Glennf.1982
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 03 Jan 2019, 06:16
- Gender: Male
Polling card payments
And you fill in your own sheet?