ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Made up to F/T at Christmas
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
Made up to F/T at Christmas
I know its a long way away but if I cannot work F/T hours at Christmas do I need to put this in writing? What is the best way to approach this?
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Made up to F/T at Christmas
NO. you only have to work your contracted hours.FirstPost wrote:I know its a long way away but if I cannot work F/T hours at Christmas do I need to put this in writing? What is the best way to approach this?
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
Made up to F/T at Christmas
Just Keep Calm and Carry On as you are. There is no requirement that you work beyond your contracted hours... even at Christmas ! Though many do.
I'm tempted to ask "Why ?" at this early hour have you have concluded and come to the decision that you cannot work any extra hours over Christmas as much can change in one's life between now and then ?
I shouldn't worry either way... there are always colleagues with young families or other financial commitments who will mop up any Docket !
I'm tempted to ask "Why ?" at this early hour have you have concluded and come to the decision that you cannot work any extra hours over Christmas as much can change in one's life between now and then ?
I shouldn't worry either way... there are always colleagues with young families or other financial commitments who will mop up any Docket !
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Made up to F/T at Christmas
Right now... I have no idea how I'd be able to do much overtime... I am shattered doing 30 hours a week... I get home at 2pm - 2.30pm and I am rekt, can't do anything. Sometimes going to bed between 7pm and 8pm.
I hope that in-time the tiredness will ease off.
The base of my feet always feel like I have been walking on concrete for a few hours with no shoes or socks on.
I hope that in-time the tiredness will ease off.
The base of my feet always feel like I have been walking on concrete for a few hours with no shoes or socks on.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Made up to F/T at Christmas
FirstPost wrote:I know its a long way away but if I cannot work F/T hours at Christmas do I need to put this in writing? What is the best way to approach this?
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
Made up to F/T at Christmas
I have another child due October/November so will want to spend as much time as possible with them. Assuming Christmas overtime will be from the 1st December?Decky Boy wrote:Just Keep Calm and Carry On as you are. There is no requirement that you work beyond your contracted hours... even at Christmas ! Though many do.
I'm tempted to ask "Why ?" at this early hour have you have concluded and come to the decision that you cannot work any extra hours over Christmas as much can change in one's life between now and then ?
I shouldn't worry either way... there are always colleagues with young families or other financial commitments who will mop up any Docket !
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Made up to F/T at Christmas
Say Family Friendly duties and say what you have just said here. But you could go the paternity route with this as well.FirstPost wrote:I have another child due November so will want to spend as much time as possible with themDecky Boy wrote:Just Keep Calm and Carry On as you are. There is no requirement that you work beyond your contracted hours... even at Christmas ! Though many do.
I'm tempted to ask "Why ?" at this early hour have you have concluded and come to the decision that you cannot work any extra hours over Christmas as much can change in one's life between now and then ?
I shouldn't worry either way... there are always colleagues with young families or other financial commitments who will mop up any Docket !
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Made up to F/T at Christmas
Are you ft or ptFirstPost wrote:I have another child due October/November so will want to spend as much time as possible with them. Assuming Christmas overtime will be from the 1st December?Decky Boy wrote:Just Keep Calm and Carry On as you are. There is no requirement that you work beyond your contracted hours... even at Christmas ! Though many do.
I'm tempted to ask "Why ?" at this early hour have you have concluded and come to the decision that you cannot work any extra hours over Christmas as much can change in one's life between now and then ?
I shouldn't worry either way... there are always colleagues with young families or other financial commitments who will mop up any Docket !
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Made up to F/T at Christmas
They usually ask the part timers if they would like to work full time hours over Christmas, it's your choice, now if ALL the part timers said a big fat NO they might be some more full time contracts handed out? 
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Made up to F/T at Christmas
mattycash wrote:They usually ask the part timers if they would like to work full time hours over Christmas, it's your choice, now if ALL the part timers said a big fat NO they might be some more full time contracts handed out?