ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Leave due to Family bereavement
-
par4mrl
- Posts: 89
- Joined: 21 Feb 2013, 22:34
- Gender: Male
Leave due to Family bereavement
Unfortunately my father in law passed away on Monday.....can anyone tell me what type of leave I am entitled to so I can be there for my wife immediately after the bereavement and on the day of the funeral...thanks
-
celtic1967
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 137
- Joined: 21 Apr 2011, 17:25
- Gender: Male
Leave due to Family bereavement
I am sorry for your loss.My mother in law passed away last year and was told I am allowed one day to attend the funeral. As she lived abroad I had to take some of my holiday entitlement to cover travel etc.par4mrl wrote:Unfortunately my father in law passed away on Monday.....can anyone tell me what type of leave I am entitled to so I can be there for my wife immediately after the bereavement and on the day of the funeral...thanks
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Leave due to Family bereavement
Non immediate family, one day paid for funeral. To support your wife you may be able to get some special unpaid leave, if your Dom is sympathetic and you already don't have more off sick they they could handle.
My deepest sympathy for your loss. It's a tough time for you and your wife but things do get better.
My deepest sympathy for your loss. It's a tough time for you and your wife but things do get better.
-
ninja
- Posts: 193
- Joined: 08 Sep 2010, 20:16
- Gender: Male
Leave due to Family bereavement
Policy guidance document attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
par4mrl
- Posts: 89
- Joined: 21 Feb 2013, 22:34
- Gender: Male
Leave due to Family bereavement
Thanks a lot.....your responses are very much appreciated