ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pay increase after 6 months? then 12?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
FirstPost
Posts: 675
Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
Gender: Female

Pay increase after 6 months? then 12?

Post by FirstPost »

I remember when applying for the job it said something about a pay increase after 6 months and then 12 months, but nothing about this is mentioned in my contract. So do I get an increase at 6 months and how much is it likely to be?
paul1231
Posts: 112
Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 22:20
Gender: Male

Pay increase after 6 months? then 12?

Post by paul1231 »

Yes its about 50pence an hour both times
south London postie
Posts: 127
Joined: 14 Jan 2016, 10:54
Gender: Male

Pay increase after 6 months? then 12?

Post by south London postie »

If I remember correctly, the union also agreed a reduction in FT hours next October (2019) from 38 to 37. If that's the case then, as a part-timer, you will also get an increase of about a tenner. It's complicated - three increases in 10 months is pretty good though!
FirstPost
Posts: 675
Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
Gender: Female

Pay increase after 6 months? then 12?

Post by FirstPost »

roll on 6 months! :nana
ArthurPewty
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 190
Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
Gender: Male

Pay increase after 6 months? then 12?

Post by ArthurPewty »

FirstPost wrote:roll on 6 months! :nana
Make a note of when its due and keep an eye on your payslip, as they might 'forget' to up your pay. I only realised mine hadn't changed after about 10 months!
FirstPost
Posts: 675
Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
Gender: Female

Pay increase after 6 months? then 12?

Post by FirstPost »

ArthurPewty wrote:
FirstPost wrote:roll on 6 months! :nana
Make a note of when its due and keep an eye on your payslip, as they might 'forget' to up your pay. I only realised mine hadn't changed after about 10 months!
did they back pay you?
FirstPost
Posts: 675
Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
Gender: Female

Pay increase after 6 months? then 12?

Post by FirstPost »

ArthurPewty wrote:
FirstPost wrote:roll on 6 months! :nana
Make a note of when its due and keep an eye on your payslip, as they might 'forget' to up your pay. I only realised mine hadn't changed after about 10 months!
I think this has happened to me. my payslip is not reflecting the new rate
FirstPost
Posts: 675
Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
Gender: Female

Pay increase after 6 months? then 12?

Post by FirstPost »

Should I have the payrise (6 MONTHS service) and the 'new' payrise that people are talking about, am I entitled to it aswell?