ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Transfer back my previous office

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Sledge4211
Posts: 68
Joined: 03 Dec 2018, 14:47
Gender: Male

Transfer back my previous office

Post by Sledge4211 »

It’s highly unlikely this has happened to any of you, but I’m seriously considering it! Has anybody done this? If so did u get any grief?

Just the thought of everybody saying “why did you leave in the first place?!”
dmyeo66
Posts: 8
Joined: 06 Dec 2013, 08:43
Gender: Male

Transfer back my previous office

Post by dmyeo66 »

I spoke about a similar scenario with myself asking for a transfer and was informed by the management team that transfers have stopped. You would need to visit said office and apply for a job. This is what I was told. Whether true or not I don't know as our union reps are hard to talk to.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Transfer back my previous office

Post by clashcityrocker »

Jobs are still advertised on Success Factors.
If a job is advertised there you can apply.
Why would transfers have stopped?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Murdoch
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 572
Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
Gender: Male

Transfer back my previous office

Post by Murdoch »

dmyeo66 wrote:I spoke about a similar scenario with myself asking for a transfer and was informed by the management team that transfers have stopped. You would need to visit said office and apply for a job. This is what I was told. Whether true or not I don't know as our union reps are hard to talk to.
This is horseshit.
Owlangel9704
Posts: 6
Joined: 11 Nov 2018, 07:38
Gender: Female

Transfer back my previous office

Post by Owlangel9704 »

Yes I transferred to a different office then after 3 months or so my personal circumstances changed and I rang my old manager and asked to come back, at the time they were advertising for staff so I was able to go back, I had to reduce my hours a little bit but I was not that fussed about that, I would say talk to your old manager and if there’s a job advertised on success factors there should be no problem.
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Transfer back my previous office

Post by Navalron »

Bollocks. One of my mates has just transferred from a GLASGOW DO to GMC and although very rare to be able to get into the MCs now you still can do it especially from DO to DO. Some gaffers are just wanks. I'm actually surprised that more don't get a kicking the to the way they treat people.
martymcfly
Posts: 3
Joined: 15 May 2019, 08:29
Gender: Male

Transfer back my previous office

Post by martymcfly »

does anyone know if there is a minimum time period to be served after a transfer please? told it was 12 months. i transferred last year to a fantastic duty, but i'm now moving region to live with OH so need to go through process again.
Sledge4211
Posts: 68
Joined: 03 Dec 2018, 14:47
Gender: Male

Transfer back my previous office

Post by Sledge4211 »

martymcfly wrote:does anyone know if there is a minimum time period to be served after a transfer please? told it was 12 months. i transferred last year to a fantastic duty, but i'm now moving region to live with OH so need to go through process again.
It’s definitely 6months
martymcfly
Posts: 3
Joined: 15 May 2019, 08:29
Gender: Male

Transfer back my previous office

Post by martymcfly »

thanks sledge