ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Parental responsibility

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Gangham_style14
Posts: 105
Joined: 15 Feb 2017, 19:12
Gender: Male

Parental responsibility

Post by Gangham_style14 »

I had a run in with a cover Dom this morning! This big fat bold man who didn’t even introduce himself was trying to force people to lapse, on what was a busy Wednesday.
He tried to use the flexing terminology and seemed to get annoyed when I corrected him that you can’t lapse and flex in the same day! There has to be an agreement in place to flex. Anyway he tried to put pressure on my partner once he knew he wasn’t winning a fight with me(who is quite a shy bloke) When I told him we both have parental responsibility’s he backed off and shuffled away mumbling. Unbelievable! I thought culture was supposed to change lol guess he didn’t get the memo
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Parental responsibility

Post by Navalron »

Gangham_style14 wrote:I had a run in with a cover Dom this morning! This big fat bold man who didn’t even introduce himself was trying to force people to lapse, on what was a busy Wednesday.
He tried to use the flexing terminology and seemed to get annoyed when I corrected him that you can’t lapse and flex in the same day! There has to be an agreement in place to flex. Anyway he tried to put pressure on my partner once he knew he wasn’t winning a fight with me(who is quite a shy bloke) When I told him we both have parental responsibility’s he backed off and shuffled away mumbling. Unbelievable! I thought culture was supposed to change lol guess he didn’t get the memo
He is probably just new to RM and came in from the big bad world. Gaffers outside RM can actually MANAGE their teams and great them like crap because of weak or non existent unions. CWU is still a strong, if not the strongest out there and although they don't always get it right, think of a RM without them. Yodel anyone. :thumbup