ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Holiday leave

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Sputters2017
Posts: 79
Joined: 08 Aug 2017, 16:12
Gender: Male

Holiday leave

Post by Sputters2017 »

I have a holiday next week and been told I cant have extra pay for bank holiday Monday and that I have been allocated 4 days leave and have to take another day another time . Is this right . Thanks
broughts
Posts: 334
Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 19:09
Gender: Male

Holiday leave

Post by broughts »

Yes afraid so
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Holiday leave

Post by 97gaz »

Y
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 01:22, edited 1 time in total.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Holiday leave

Post by Celgar »

You get a day in lieu to book at another time. You can carry up to five days of AL into the following year.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
The Postman
Posts: 267
Joined: 10 May 2017, 14:41
Gender: Male

Holiday leave

Post by The Postman »

Sputters2017 wrote:I have a holiday next week and been told I cant have extra pay for bank holiday Monday and that I have been allocated 4 days leave and have to take another day another time . Is this right . Thanks
Yes, that’s correct. You’ll be docked 4 days holiday instead of 5 and paid separately for the Monday making the pay tally up to your contracted hours. You won’t get a day in Lieu back, instead you’ll use 4 days holiday instead of 5.
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Holiday leave

Post by 97gaz »

[
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 01:22, edited 1 time in total.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Holiday leave

Post by aiden01 »

97gaz wrote:
Celgar wrote:You get a day in lieu to book at another time. You can carry up to five days of AL into the following year.

You can carry any outstanding days you have to the next year. There is no limit.
Correct :thumbup
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

Holiday leave

Post by joewyan »

Sputters2017 wrote:I have a holiday next week and been told I cant have extra pay for bank holiday Monday and that I have been allocated 4 days leave and have to take another day another time . Is this right . Thanks
Yes. You’ll use 4 days holiday for the whole week off.