ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Not getting paid overtime
-
dreamflyer
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 08 Mar 2019, 23:56
- Gender: Male
Not getting paid overtime
So it's the third week in a row where I've been underpaid for overtime- I've spoken to the manager and the guy who does the overtime about this- they said I would be paid for it this week. Well I've just got my payslip and I've been under paid again- by at least a few hours. It's getting ridiculous now and I'm seriously thinking of quitting- it seems like they're deliberately not trying to pay me. I will have to speak to them again now to find out why- they will tell me don't worry you'll get it next week- but fourth time in a row- nope, still underpaid. I don't know what else to do now, I mean I don't even claim for breaks which I could do- I just want what I've worked for. Is there anything else I can do? It's just annoying me now, I don't like having to constantly approach them the next day after my payslip to ask about it. The way the overtime is done is unprofessional, such a poor system. It doesn't even give you a break down of your weekly overtime on payslip- it just says weekday overtime. I keep a note of all the hours overtime I've worked so I know I'm right. Should I go to the union at this point?
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Not getting paid overtime
weekday overtime 1st 10 hrs nothing wrong with that breakdown as you said dreamflyer you have kept a note of it, whats your rep said about it ?? sorry waste time asking him

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
lightningpostman
- Posts: 271
- Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Not getting paid overtime
dreamflyer wrote:So it's the third week in a row where I've been underpaid for overtime- I've spoken to the manager and the guy who does the overtime about this- they said I would be paid for it this week. Well I've just got my payslip and I've been under paid again- by at least a few hours. It's getting ridiculous now and I'm seriously thinking of quitting- it seems like they're deliberately not trying to pay me. I will have to speak to them again now to find out why- they will tell me don't worry you'll get it next week- but fourth time in a row- nope, still underpaid. I don't know what else to do now, I mean I don't even claim for breaks which I could do- I just want what I've worked for. Is there anything else I can do? It's just annoying me now, I don't like having to constantly approach them the next day after my payslip to ask about it. The way the overtime is done is unprofessional, such a poor system. It doesn't even give you a break down of your weekly overtime on payslip- it just says weekday overtime. I keep a note of all the hours overtime I've worked so I know I'm right. Should I go to the union at this point?
its fraud,
they messaging the office figures, they do this on purpose to make numbers and hit targets.....
file a grievance and speak to rep.
-
Marshamp11
- Posts: 437
- Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Not getting paid overtime
Tell them that until they start paying the correct overtime payments you will not be doing any further overtime, ie cutting off. Alternatively tell them that you deem the non payment as an unauthorised loan and will be invoicing the company accordingly including a very high percentage interest rate and a £25 admin fee. Job done.
-
noggin1969
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
- Gender: Male
Not getting paid overtime
Threat of the small claims court works a treat 
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Not getting paid overtime
This is the best one. Send a letter to your DOM holding him personally responsible for the deficiencies in your overtime payment and that if these errors are not corrected by next weeks payday you will be filing a claim under the Small Claims Court citing him as the person responsible.noggin1969 wrote:Threat of the small claims court works a treat
-
ThatsNotPlumb
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 22:33
- Gender: Male
Not getting paid overtime
Had a similar problem years ago, I was short 2 hours for 3 weeks speaking with the manager & person who dealt with the OT on a couple of occasions throughout that period. After the 3rd non-payment, I walked into his office the next day I was in & said that if I was still short the 2 hours in the 4th weeks pay when I check it on Friday, I would be claiming my 2 hours back on the Saturday essentially finishing 2 hours early, he promptly got me a fresh OT sheet & got me to sign it & it was all sorted.
3 weeks to get paid 2 hours was taking the absolute piss I don't know if it was deliberately intentional or just incompetence on several levels, but it was still unacceptable, I know it was only 2 hours, but it was the principle of it. I'm sure if I had made good on my threat though that there would have been conduct code repercussions, but there should have been repercussions for failure to get paid correctly for 3 weeks.
3 weeks to get paid 2 hours was taking the absolute piss I don't know if it was deliberately intentional or just incompetence on several levels, but it was still unacceptable, I know it was only 2 hours, but it was the principle of it. I'm sure if I had made good on my threat though that there would have been conduct code repercussions, but there should have been repercussions for failure to get paid correctly for 3 weeks.
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Not getting paid overtime
Nothing changes then!!!!!!
-
danterossetti
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 19 May 2013, 18:19
- Gender: Male
Not getting paid overtime
There are no repercussions, that's why this fraud will continue for ever.
From the Managers viewpoint it is a win for them or worst case break even.
From the Managers viewpoint it is a win for them or worst case break even.
-
rogersh
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1374
- Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
- Gender: Male
Not getting paid overtime
Email advicecentrePAY@royalmail.com
Phone Royal Mail HR Services 0845 60 60 603 (or +44 114 241 4545 if you are calling from outside the United Kingdom). The helpline is open from 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (not including bank holidays).
Phone Royal Mail HR Services 0845 60 60 603 (or +44 114 241 4545 if you are calling from outside the United Kingdom). The helpline is open from 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (not including bank holidays).
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Not getting paid overtime
My advice is don't work Over Time tell the manager you cannot complete with a witness and bring it back for them to do or sort out they will soon repent as their leisure will be curtailed!
-
Mailman300
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 09 Apr 2017, 09:10
- Gender: Male
Not getting paid overtime
Balancing the books. They do it in our office. Put in a grievance, it’ll soon change. Fraud, it sure is. Good job it’s not a real company.