ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Seagull1983
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 109
Joined: 09 Aug 2018, 13:46
Gender: Male

Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !

Post by Seagull1983 »

I was agreed a week off work starting in 2 weeks but now this has been withdrawn in a really unprofessional way. Can the union do anything for me. I’ve made plans and paid for things to do already for my leave.
leolion855
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
Gender: Male

Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !

Post by leolion855 »

Seagull1983 wrote:I was agreed a week off work starting in 2 weeks but now this has been withdrawn in a really unprofessional way. Can the union do anything for me. I’ve made plans and paid for things to do already for my leave.
invoice them your costs with receipts, they'll quickly change there mind.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !

Post by scoobydo79 »

Do You have a print out of it?
Sputters2017
Posts: 79
Joined: 08 Aug 2017, 16:12
Gender: Male

Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !

Post by Sputters2017 »

Always get everything agreed in writing
Seagull1983
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 109
Joined: 09 Aug 2018, 13:46
Gender: Male

Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !

Post by Seagull1983 »

No print out. Shockingly I took him on his word and confirmed it several times !
youngy86no107
Posts: 2
Joined: 08 May 2017, 17:59
Gender: Male

Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !

Post by youngy86no107 »

Im sure the stress of it all will be getting you down. Maybe get yourself to doctors and see what he says!!! :wink:
Seagull1983
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 109
Joined: 09 Aug 2018, 13:46
Gender: Male

Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !

Post by Seagull1983 »

In my first year I’m afraid BUT he has lost my respect and once the year is done lol
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !

Post by maisymoo04 »

[quote="Seagull1983"]I was agreed a week off work starting in 2 weeks but now this has been withdrawn in a really unprofessional way. Can the union do anything for me. I’ve made plans and paid for things to do already for my leave.[/quot
What were his exact words to withdraw it ?
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
Seagull1983
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 109
Joined: 09 Aug 2018, 13:46
Gender: Male

Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !

Post by Seagull1983 »

“Eeeer might not be able to do it I’m afraid” as I questioned why I’m on the rota to work.
miles_peters
Posts: 298
Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
Gender: Male

Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !

Post by miles_peters »

you should have stood your ground and said its too late now I have booked a holiday
Seagull1983
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 109
Joined: 09 Aug 2018, 13:46
Gender: Male

Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !

Post by Seagull1983 »

I’ve said I’ve booked stuff. I’ll speak to him again tomorrow.
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !

Post by redneck »

Get the union involved. Don't be tempted to go AWOL, we had one sacked for that due to a misunderstanding in similar circumstances. However if you have any witnesses to the conversation where promises were made, that could back you up a bit.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !

Post by scoobydo79 »

How about swap with someone if it comes to it?
thecompletepackage
Posts: 79
Joined: 03 Mar 2011, 21:28
Gender: Male

Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !

Post by thecompletepackage »

I quit RM because of this very same issue.
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Manager agrees to annual week off work then withdraws it !

Post by Navalron »

scoobydo79 wrote:How about swap with someone if it comes to it?
No. He shouldn't have to swap. He put in for leave, it was granted end of. RM managers on the whole are a bunch of fannies.