ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Tracked delivery email

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Tracked delivery email

Post by robbertwhitton »

Customer came to the door expecmevto have a tracked parcel for her as she had had an email from Royal Mail saying it would be delivered,I informed her that I had no such parcel,and it turned up the following day,?is this yet another poor service or yet another glitch from management,and cut backs,I dare say if we failed to scan a tracked item all hell would be let loose on us ! anyone else had this?also it’s nice to have all thectracked mixed up with other mail on the arrivals so we have to look out for them in case we get bored with our indoor workload!!!?
Your late today
Posts: 57
Joined: 09 Oct 2017, 13:37
Gender: Male

Tracked delivery email

Post by Your late today »

I had a text from Royal Mail yesterday morning at 7.15am saying my tracked package is on the way and is in Romford, I know I won’t get it until Monday as I’m in South Wales, maybe she didn’t read her text properly.
pmacca3
Posts: 11
Joined: 03 Oct 2014, 19:45
Gender: Male

Tracked delivery email

Post by pmacca3 »

robbertwhitton wrote:Customer came to the door expecmevto have a tracked parcel for her as she had had an email from Royal Mail saying it would be delivered,I informed her that I had no such parcel,and it turned up the following day,?is this yet another poor service or yet another glitch from management,and cut backs,I dare say if we failed to scan a tracked item all hell would be let loose on us ! anyone else had this?also it’s nice to have all thectracked mixed up with other mail on the arrivals so we have to look out for them in case we get bored with our indoor workload!!!?
The parcel was probably sent to the wrong DO and scanned in ready for delivery there in error.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Tracked delivery email

Post by Seymour Buts »

Could be as above, mis sorted. Happens regularly. Could have been left in the bottom of a york or bag. She could be talking rubbish also.
leolion855
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
Gender: Male

Tracked delivery email

Post by leolion855 »

yes had it the other day, unfortunately i had to do the round back to front due to specials so i got there 5 hrs 'late', told my dom and he said dont worry bout it.
escargot
Posts: 21
Joined: 02 Aug 2007, 06:58
Location: glasgow

Tracked delivery email

Post by escargot »

I had a customer in looking for a tracked item that she'd paid to get next day.
She had text from RM but we had no item, on looking up tracking number her text had been generated after scan at one of the RDC's.
She was not a happy customer
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Tracked delivery email

Post by robbertwhitton »

Well she wasn’t talking rubbish as I saw her email that she got,just annoying how shafted we get if we mess up with scanned and tracked items,typical double standards again from the powers that be,