ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Made b&H complaint - now being conducted after threats from manager!
-
burton76
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 08 Nov 2017, 14:31
- Gender: Female
Made b&H complaint - now being conducted after threats from manager!
I am a woman collection driver. I made a complaint to HR about my manager bullying me. He lent over me pointing in my face and in a threatening manner demanded I come to his office in the morning, even though I don't work mornings. This is because I left at my scheduled leaving time. 7pm. I am a carer and although I work for free for 30 minutes to get my Saturday round done, I can't stay late in the evening. They know this.
He would never threaten a bloke on the same way! He constatnly hangs around the union rep like a lovestruck teenager while he is emptying his van.
Last year, I didn;t get paid properly for 4 and a half months when I began a new round for more hours. They also wouldn't give me a written contract and I had to fight for 6 months to get it. I approached the union for help and got sniggered at so am no longer in it.
At Christmas, even though I did more o/t than anyone else, a manager demanded I did back to back rounds, driving for 7 hours - after already working about 150 hours, every single day, for three weeks. When I asked about getting a break he sent me home!
They don't seem to abide by any employment laws and come across as dinosaurs.
The b&h procedure has been going on for 2 weeks then I suddenly got a letter saying it would no lonbger be dealt with as it is a conduct issue! When Irang HR they had no more info than that! I have spoken to my area manager and the investigating manager and sent a sick note in for stress as I felt genuienly threatened by this man. After 2 weeks they have decided it's a conduct issue without informing me!
They are a joke.
He would never threaten a bloke on the same way! He constatnly hangs around the union rep like a lovestruck teenager while he is emptying his van.
Last year, I didn;t get paid properly for 4 and a half months when I began a new round for more hours. They also wouldn't give me a written contract and I had to fight for 6 months to get it. I approached the union for help and got sniggered at so am no longer in it.
At Christmas, even though I did more o/t than anyone else, a manager demanded I did back to back rounds, driving for 7 hours - after already working about 150 hours, every single day, for three weeks. When I asked about getting a break he sent me home!
They don't seem to abide by any employment laws and come across as dinosaurs.
The b&h procedure has been going on for 2 weeks then I suddenly got a letter saying it would no lonbger be dealt with as it is a conduct issue! When Irang HR they had no more info than that! I have spoken to my area manager and the investigating manager and sent a sick note in for stress as I felt genuienly threatened by this man. After 2 weeks they have decided it's a conduct issue without informing me!
They are a joke.
-
burton76
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 08 Nov 2017, 14:31
- Gender: Female
Made b&H complaint - now being conducted after threats from manager!
I should've said. The next day, I put my feelings in writing to the manager who'd threatened me and requested they follow procedure regarding having time to prepare and to arrange for a colleague to come with you to a discussion whether formal or informal - if you're accused of something. He got right up in my face and wouldn't let me ask someone. He just kept demanding I go in the office with him. I then videoed this on my phone as I felt so threatened. I told him that is why I was doing it. I had already accused him of b&H in the letter and he kept demanding I go into the office with him alone!
I won't be going back to that shithole.
I won't be going back to that shithole.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Made b&H complaint - now being conducted after threats from manager!
Your manager definitely needs the sack.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
burton76
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 08 Nov 2017, 14:31
- Gender: Female
Made b&H complaint - now being conducted after threats from manager!
Thanks - I agree. Unfortunately, I reckon that's what they plan to do to me. I've already involved a solicitor - they said it is sex discrimination.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Made b&H complaint - now being conducted after threats from manager!
Its scarily similar to one ET I posted here:
I would go to the link and read up on it, it may help https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 18&t=90587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I would go to the link and read up on it, it may help https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 18&t=90587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
burton76
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 08 Nov 2017, 14:31
- Gender: Female
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3221
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Made b&H complaint - now being conducted after threats from manager!
As much as he deserves taken down a peg or two and his behaviour has been completely unacceptable - what has he done that is sexist or discriminatory based on you being a female? Can you prove he wouldnt treat a male colleague the same way? Has he made comments referencing your sex?
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
burton76
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 08 Nov 2017, 14:31
- Gender: Female
Made b&H complaint - now being conducted after threats from manager!
You should research what it means perhaps?
-
burton76
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 08 Nov 2017, 14:31
- Gender: Female
Made b&H complaint - now being conducted after threats from manager!
The onus isn't on me. He would have to prove he has made threats against a male.
-
Yamr1
- Posts: 625
- Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
- Gender: Female
Made b&H complaint - now being conducted after threats from manager!
Why cant we go to our work with none of this s**t happen.
Its turning out to be a joke now on a daily basis
Its turning out to be a joke now on a daily basis
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Made b&H complaint - now being conducted after threats from manager!
Some people are just unemployable. We had one postie at our DO who was a real bully. He probably didn't think me capable but I nearly ended that f*****. I have a history of being bullied but I won't take it forever. I hope you manage to get that manager moved to another office at the very least.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
burton76
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 08 Nov 2017, 14:31
- Gender: Female
Made b&H complaint - now being conducted after threats from manager!
Thanks. I honestly think RM has a bullying culture. When the manager asked me to drive 7 hours no break - I put in a grievance and HR - rejected it! As in, did not deal with it and they told my area manager to let me know they had no problem with it becuase I was asked a reasonable request on o/t and didn't do it! (I obviously have evidence of this)
Also, it was HR who repeatedly ignired written requests for a written contract (these are basic employmetn rights) - and I also informed them my managers wouldn't do anything about me not getting paid properly and they wouldn't help! All of this is highly illegal and I have evidence of all of it.
We get forced to drive overloaded vans which is dangerous to us and the public. The vans themselves are rarely for for purpose. If you PMT a van they stamp it saying the problem has been fixed and it is the same! This has happened with a drivers seat not secured properly - twice! My colleague reported a bald tyre, and I mean bald, and they said they'd fixed it and was identical! It's the whole bloody company!
Also, it was HR who repeatedly ignired written requests for a written contract (these are basic employmetn rights) - and I also informed them my managers wouldn't do anything about me not getting paid properly and they wouldn't help! All of this is highly illegal and I have evidence of all of it.
We get forced to drive overloaded vans which is dangerous to us and the public. The vans themselves are rarely for for purpose. If you PMT a van they stamp it saying the problem has been fixed and it is the same! This has happened with a drivers seat not secured properly - twice! My colleague reported a bald tyre, and I mean bald, and they said they'd fixed it and was identical! It's the whole bloody company!
-
Denman17
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 25 Mar 2016, 20:33
- Gender: Male
Made b&H complaint - now being conducted after threats from manager!
Sorry why would you want this DOM moved to inflict more misery in another office .Celgar wrote:Some people are just unemployable. We had one postie at our DO who was a real bully. He probably didn't think me capable but I nearly ended that f*****. I have a history of being bullied but I won't take it forever. I hope you manage to get that manager moved to another office at the very least.
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Made b&H complaint - now being conducted after threats from manager!
I just cannot get my head round why RM management have to bully and intimidate staff,do they honestly think they get the best out of their workforce by this behaviour. A happy workforce is a productive workforce,not one that is screwed down.
I loved most of my years being a postie,but what sticks most in my mind is the last couple of years,when management bullying and intimidation gradually just got worse. I see nothing has changed!! RM YOU SHOULD BE BLOODY ASHAMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved most of my years being a postie,but what sticks most in my mind is the last couple of years,when management bullying and intimidation gradually just got worse. I see nothing has changed!! RM YOU SHOULD BE BLOODY ASHAMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Yamr1
- Posts: 625
- Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
- Gender: Female
Made b&H complaint - now being conducted after threats from manager!
HR
Need a major shake up as well
Think they get treated like that in head office
Don't think so
Need a major shake up as well
Think they get treated like that in head office
Don't think so