Yo Guys!
I am a Newbie on a 30 hours contract...
I believe as a 30 hours contract worker that my frame will be filled when I arrive. I have been told that sometimes it may not be filled if whoever was meant to fill it is off ill, or maybe someone has mismanaged. Is it rare to come in and your frame be empty, or does it happen quite often? What happens in this situation....I guess I have got to fill it. Do you let your manager know you won't be able to complete in time and agree to leave 1 or 2 loops behind for someone else to do as overtime? or agree to get paid overtime?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New Postie Question
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
New Postie Question
What time do you start? I start at 8am on a 30 hour contract and never get any prep. All offices are different though. Ask around if others on your contract get prep. There's a few walks in our office they consider 'big' so they do get extra prep.
That's up to you. Most in our office clear and book the overtime, there's one or two who refuse though. The stuff is left in the fitting then, but I know in other offices people take it then bring whatever is left back at their time. Again, ask around your office what others do.
That's up to you. Most in our office clear and book the overtime, there's one or two who refuse though. The stuff is left in the fitting then, but I know in other offices people take it then bring whatever is left back at their time. Again, ask around your office what others do.
-
Sledge4211
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 03 Dec 2018, 14:47
- Gender: Male
New Postie Question
If your part time on 30hrs - if it’s 8am start then the majority of the frame should be prepped.
You should only have to do re-directions and maybe throw off the rest of your packets in the frame.
If the whole frame isn’t prepped at all, then really you should be asking your DOM why your frame isn’t being prepped? Surely no part timer should be expected to throw off the whole duty at 8am, that’s a piss take.
And say to your DOM the reason you cant complete is because your time is being eaten up by throwing it all off when reality is you should be out the door by 9am the latest if the whole frame is nearly finished for you at 8am! Don’t let them take the Micky!
I start at 9am and whole frame is done including re-di’s! :-)
You should only have to do re-directions and maybe throw off the rest of your packets in the frame.
If the whole frame isn’t prepped at all, then really you should be asking your DOM why your frame isn’t being prepped? Surely no part timer should be expected to throw off the whole duty at 8am, that’s a piss take.
And say to your DOM the reason you cant complete is because your time is being eaten up by throwing it all off when reality is you should be out the door by 9am the latest if the whole frame is nearly finished for you at 8am! Don’t let them take the Micky!
I start at 9am and whole frame is done including re-di’s! :-)
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
New Postie Question
9am should be ready to tie down including d2d. 8am will have an hour to finish off any left over work it depends on the delivery time span in your office, the work time coach will be with you for three days at least so he/she will answer any questions you have. Good luck its a good job with good terms and conditions you get a 30min paid break so bring a drink and something to eat with you.
-
Ddarko85
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 10 Oct 2018, 15:06
- Gender: Male
New Postie Question
I’m on a 25hour contract.
They always get me in at 8:15am (on overtime) and I have to prep the walk I’m on. My experience, you’d be prepping if coming in at 8am. Like people have said though, every office is different.
They always get me in at 8:15am (on overtime) and I have to prep the walk I’m on. My experience, you’d be prepping if coming in at 8am. Like people have said though, every office is different.
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
New Postie Question
All depends on your office and duties. 30 hour contract in my office (what I’m on) will have no more than the mech thrown in for me.
-
NewOldBoy
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 11 Jan 2018, 15:35
- Gender: Male
New Postie Question
30 hours in my office is 4 x 7.5hr days – 6.30am-2pm.
Do sorting and prep same as the full-timers.
Only difference was I book o/t to cover the 18-minute difference between p-t and f-t duties.
Long and short days make it a bit more complicated – f-t have different start times now but p-t are unchanged.
Do sorting and prep same as the full-timers.
Only difference was I book o/t to cover the 18-minute difference between p-t and f-t duties.
Long and short days make it a bit more complicated – f-t have different start times now but p-t are unchanged.