ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Injury from pushing HCT up hill
-
realitybites
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 11:28
- Gender: Male
Injury from pushing HCT up hill
Have recently picked up a calf injury, grade 2. It followed a pretty innocuous trip/fall resulting in the injury. I have been pushing a HCT, fairly full most days, up a 30 degree incline which runs for about 100 metres, on to a 20 degree incline which runs for about 30 metres. I am pretty certain it has been the constant up and down with the HCT that has done it. I have always experienced a tightness in my calves but never really thought about it.
Will I receive a warning for this given it has been the progressive breakdown of the muscle over time?
I haven't been to the Drs yet but just reading about how these type of things occur.
Will I receive a warning for this given it has been the progressive breakdown of the muscle over time?
I haven't been to the Drs yet but just reading about how these type of things occur.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16701
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Injury from pushing HCT up hill
You need to contact your H&S rep.
The HCT is not meant to be used on steep inclines. And certainly not when full.
Perhaps the duty hasn't been properly planned?
The HCT is not meant to be used on steep inclines. And certainly not when full.
Perhaps the duty hasn't been properly planned?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
realitybites
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 11:28
- Gender: Male
-
realitybites
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 11:28
- Gender: Male
Injury from pushing HCT up hill
Does anyone know if there are published guidelines regarding HCT walks, ie. max capacity, Hill inclination (if there is one) or anything related to them
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Injury from pushing HCT up hill
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=31871" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; SSOW for RML Delivery HCT For Use on Delivery
There is a newer one for Mk2 HCT called - High Capacity Trolley (HCT) Mark 2 SSOW - but for the life of me I can't track a copy down.
There is a newer one for Mk2 HCT called - High Capacity Trolley (HCT) Mark 2 SSOW - but for the life of me I can't track a copy down.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Injury from pushing HCT up hill
It will be your fault no doubt 
-
realitybites
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 11:28
- Gender: Male
Injury from pushing HCT up hill
ThanksTrueBlueTerrier wrote:https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=31871 SSOW for RML Delivery HCT For Use on Delivery
There is a newer one for Mk2 HCT called - High Capacity Trolley (HCT) Mark 2 SSOW - but for the life of me I can't track a copy down.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Injury from pushing HCT up hill
This one? (Nov 10, Revised Jul 12):TrueBlueTerrier wrote:https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=31871 SSOW for RML Delivery HCT For Use on Delivery
There is a newer one for Mk2 HCT called - High Capacity Trolley (HCT) Mark 2 SSOW - but for the life of me I can't track a copy down.
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 02#p523623" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
realitybites
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 11:28
- Gender: Male
Injury from pushing HCT up hill
[quote="Bahia Feliz"]It will be your faullt no doubt
Yes, probably
Never seen the consent form before though.
A gradual breakdown of my calf muscle over time I suppose is an unforeseen situation.
I suppose I will be held responsible due to some interpretation of the rules and regulations
Yes, probably
Never seen the consent form before though.
A gradual breakdown of my calf muscle over time I suppose is an unforeseen situation.
I suppose I will be held responsible due to some interpretation of the rules and regulations
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Injury from pushing HCT up hill
yellowbelly wrote:This one? (Nov 10, Revised Jul 12):TrueBlueTerrier wrote:https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=31871 SSOW for RML Delivery HCT For Use on Delivery
There is a newer one for Mk2 HCT called - High Capacity Trolley (HCT) Mark 2 SSOW - but for the life of me I can't track a copy down.
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 02#p523623" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
realitybites
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 11:28
- Gender: Male
Injury from pushing HCT up hill
Thanks againTrueBlueTerrier wrote:yellowbelly wrote:This one? (Nov 10, Revised Jul 12):TrueBlueTerrier wrote:https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=31871 SSOW for RML Delivery HCT For Use on Delivery
There is a newer one for Mk2 HCT called - High Capacity Trolley (HCT) Mark 2 SSOW - but for the life of me I can't track a copy down.
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 02#p523623" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;![]()
-
wallan
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 09 Apr 2012, 08:12
- Gender: Male
Injury from pushing HCT up hill
Many years ago my Mother used a wheel chair , we purchased what is called " A Wheel Chair Power Pack " this is a small electric motor / drive wheel that fits between the rear wheels of the Wheel Chairrealitybites wrote:Have recently picked up a calf injury, grade 2. It followed a pretty innocuous trip/fall resulting in the injury. I have been pushing a HCT, fairly full most days, up a 30 degree incline which runs for about 100 metres, on to a 20 degree incline which runs for about 30 metres. I am pretty certain it has been the constant up and down with the HCT that has done it. I have always experienced a tightness in my calves but never really thought about it.
Will I receive a warning for this given it has been the progressive breakdown of the muscle over time?
I haven't been to the Drs yet but just reading about how these type of things occur.
Possibly some thing similar could be adapted for use on HCT,s