Hi my wife has been in slow labour since Tuesday. I went home early that day to be with her, but baby wasn't ready so get sent home and told to come back if the contractions get worse. So went back in work wed, thurs and Friday.
Friday night had to go hospital because misses is having contractions every 5 mins and she has been kept in for observations. So had to have today off also but still no sign of baby but they are getting stronger.
The point is I need to be here every day now been told by the midwives he could come anytime but the baby not playing ball, also she's only 34 weeks pregnant. I don't want to waste my paternity waiting for him to come and I have the days off sick or will it fall under special leave unpaid. Really need the money for the little one. Thank you
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Wife in labour.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Wife in labour.
If we worked for a normal employer they would understand your situation and let you have the time off - paid.
After all we made £500 million profit. Why not spend a little of it on our staff in exceptional circumstances?
But we don't. So (much as I hate to say it) you really need to have the time off sick.
The situation is very stressful. Any doctor would back you up.
Only a RM manager would think otherwise.
After all we made £500 million profit. Why not spend a little of it on our staff in exceptional circumstances?
But we don't. So (much as I hate to say it) you really need to have the time off sick.
The situation is very stressful. Any doctor would back you up.
Only a RM manager would think otherwise.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Wife in labour.
Thanks for the reply to be honest my managers have been excellent. They have not mentioned the Tuesday and when I rang up today they was saying good luck and keep them updated. Just worried this is going to drag on into next weekclashcityrocker wrote:If we worked for a normal employer they would understand your situation and let you have the time off - paid.
After all we made £500 million profit. Why not spend a little of it on our staff in exceptional circumstances?
But we don't. So (much as I hate to say it) you really need to have the time off sick.
The situation is very stressful. Any doctor would back you up.
Only a RM manager would think otherwise.
-
spen
- Posts: 531
- Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 19:53
- Gender: Male
Wife in labour.
Paternity leave cannot start until the child is born anyway
-
koolishy67
- Posts: 665
- Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
- Gender: Male
Wife in labour.
Understand your situation happed to me as well but we know this situation going to come at some point so saved little bit money and I took 10 days unpaid off .good luck