ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Four Complaints in Two Weeks
-
LittleEmm
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 23 Jan 2019, 16:40
- Gender: Female
Four Complaints in Two Weeks
Newbie posite and I’ve been told this morning I’ve had four complaints in two weeks. Three have been where my frame has been sorted prior to me arriving and the sorter has used 739 cards with a number scribbled on to indicate a packet rather than turning the letter etc and in my rush to get quicker it appears I have managed to post the marker card through a door and customers complained due to confusion if they have a parcel ormif parcel at the number scribbled on card. Last complaint was a lady had her parcels delivered to a safe place , being inside her wheelie bin (then covered in rubbish etc) but although on my route was not me as I’ve never done this I can say 100% and was on a loop I didnt do as Ive been walker until recently as was awaiting my drivers course. I don’t mind having anyone’s back but am feeling a bit like I am being shouted at for things out of my control. Yes I know I should pay more attention with the cards and have been since but also the person sorting my frame should not be using these cards or am I wrong?
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Four Complaints in Two Weeks
It’s such a minor complaint I wouldn’t worry about it in the slightest, it’s not really even a complaint, she got confused by a very slight error you made.
As for putting something in the bin and it wasn’t you, well it wasn’t you so tell them that, end of. I’d never put anything in a bin unless they have told me directly to do that and I trust them well.
As for putting something in the bin and it wasn’t you, well it wasn’t you so tell them that, end of. I’d never put anything in a bin unless they have told me directly to do that and I trust them well.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Four Complaints in Two Weeks
Surly if it was "Safe Place" the PDA would indicate who scanned the package? Plus whoever tapped "Safe Place" would then be prompted to take a photo?
-
LittleEmm
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 23 Jan 2019, 16:40
- Gender: Female
Four Complaints in Two Weeks
That’s the thing I’m not 100% sure if it was on the pda or of whoever put it there just decided to do this and left a note saying that’s where it was or if that’s just where the customer found her parcels. All I’ve been told is a complaint has been made against me for leaving them in the bin???mattycash wrote:Surly if it was "Safe Place" the PDA would indicate who scanned the package? Plus whoever tapped "Safe Place" would then be prompted to take a photo?
-
Pikeman180
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 16 Jul 2012, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Four Complaints in Two Weeks
Was it a RM parcel? I`ve had complaints before but turned out to be a different courier. Ask to see the cards, someone might know who wrote them.
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Four Complaints in Two Weeks
Don't let ANYBODY shout at you, especially a RM manager. 
-
Dayman!
- Posts: 51
- Joined: 07 Nov 2016, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Four Complaints in Two Weeks
Two golden rules, always pee before you leave the office and never admit to anything.
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
PostmanBitesDog
- Posts: 1428
- Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Four Complaints in Two Weeks
I agree. It bugs me, too.97gaz wrote:Using the P739 cards p**ses me off. It's very embarrassing when a customer comes all the way to the D.O and I have to explain that the postie is an idiot. I'm sure they're not supposed to be used as markers.
In the past, I've found a few of those cards with house numbers written on them in the bundles that were already sorted for my walk before I started in the morning. The first time I came across one, I wondered what the heck was it for, like it was something extremely important to be aware of at the address. The driver who was with me knew about it and said, "Yeah, it's just a small parcel for that address and you'll want to carry it in your pouch. There's no letter for that address, hence the P739 card."
I just said, "Why not do what everyone else does and turn over a neighbor's letter and write the house number on the back where that small parcel is being delivered to?"
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Four Complaints in Two Weeks
So postie A starts prepping a duty and turns a letter for a packet. He then gets moved and postie B carries on for a bit.
Blissfully unaware a letter has been turned he preps mail in front of it.
Postie C who is actually delivering the mail comes in and finishes off the prep. More letters in front of the turned one.
It is easy to miss 3/4 letters in amongst the D2D.
A 739 card is clear (er) to everyone.
And what is the point of turning a letter at flat 35 when you need to know before you go in to the block?
739 cards alert you to the number of packets in that block.
And if there is no answer then you have a card to hand.
Blissfully unaware a letter has been turned he preps mail in front of it.
Postie C who is actually delivering the mail comes in and finishes off the prep. More letters in front of the turned one.
It is easy to miss 3/4 letters in amongst the D2D.
A 739 card is clear (er) to everyone.
And what is the point of turning a letter at flat 35 when you need to know before you go in to the block?
739 cards alert you to the number of packets in that block.
And if there is no answer then you have a card to hand.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
max49
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 31 Dec 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Female
Four Complaints in Two Weeks
You are lucky to have the prep finished on the round and cards put in to notify you of packets, it rarely happens in our office. Part-timers often come in to a bench of mail and bags of packets.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Four Complaints in Two Weeks
Dayman! wrote:Two golden rules, always pee before you leave the office and never admit to anything.
Ha ha, golden mantra that!
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
PostmanBitesDog
- Posts: 1428
- Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Four Complaints in Two Weeks
We never use the cards in our DO for this purpose. The turned letters and apartment numbers written on the back are all that we use to indicate that a parcel is being assigned to an address. And our DO has been top-rated in the UK lately. Your DO is obviously struggling if you're mucking about with the 739 cards that have numbers scribbled all over them.clashcityrocker wrote:So postie A starts prepping a duty and turns a letter for a packet. He then gets moved and postie B carries on for a bit.
Blissfully unaware a letter has been turned he preps mail in front of it.
Postie C who is actually delivering the mail comes in and finishes off the prep. More letters in front of the turned one.
It is easy to miss 3/4 letters in amongst the D2D.
A 739 card is clear (er) to everyone.
And what is the point of turning a letter at flat 35 when you need to know before you go in to the block?
739 cards alert you to the number of packets in that block.
And if there is no answer then you have a card to hand.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Four Complaints in Two Weeks
I'm happy with any of the scenarios, if it means someone has prepped a walk for me
The P379 is handy though, for having one right there, on top of your bundle, to write out if they're not in. And if they are, put it in your pocket with the others you carry. There's nothing too hard about that, really, is there?
And, like I said at the beginning, if someone has kindly prepped for me, they can indicate there's a packet any way they see fit as far as I'm concerned, as long as I know there's a packet.
And remember not to stick the red card through as well because I'm listening to a podcast on my headphones, running cos I've got ghost overtime to do, I just simply won't have a break and I'm just shoving anything and everything I can through the damned bloody letterboxes because this goddamned job is stressing me the f**k out and I just don't have half a second to just pause, chill out and take stock and stop blaming my colleagues for all of my shortcomings....
Jesus wept. All the real, like important things about the job, people, that we need to moan about and address....and people are moaning about people using a 739 instead of turning a letter to indicate a parcel in your pouch.
The P379 is handy though, for having one right there, on top of your bundle, to write out if they're not in. And if they are, put it in your pocket with the others you carry. There's nothing too hard about that, really, is there?
And, like I said at the beginning, if someone has kindly prepped for me, they can indicate there's a packet any way they see fit as far as I'm concerned, as long as I know there's a packet.
And remember not to stick the red card through as well because I'm listening to a podcast on my headphones, running cos I've got ghost overtime to do, I just simply won't have a break and I'm just shoving anything and everything I can through the damned bloody letterboxes because this goddamned job is stressing me the f**k out and I just don't have half a second to just pause, chill out and take stock and stop blaming my colleagues for all of my shortcomings....
Jesus wept. All the real, like important things about the job, people, that we need to moan about and address....and people are moaning about people using a 739 instead of turning a letter to indicate a parcel in your pouch.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Four Complaints in Two Weeks
Or prep packets last, once all the mail is in the frame?clashcityrocker wrote:So postie A starts prepping a duty and turns a letter for a packet. He then gets moved and postie B carries on for a bit.
Blissfully unaware a letter has been turned he preps mail in front of it.
Postie C who is actually delivering the mail comes in and finishes off the prep. More letters in front of the turned one.
It is easy to miss 3/4 letters in amongst the D2D.
A 739 card is clear (er) to everyone.
And what is the point of turning a letter at flat 35 when you need to know before you go in to the block?
739 cards alert you to the number of packets in that block.
And if there is no answer then you have a card to hand.