ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Holiday request rejected - anything i can do?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
mattandbenny
Posts: 69
Joined: 14 Jan 2015, 13:44
Gender: Male

Holiday request rejected - anything i can do?

Post by mattandbenny »

So a friend is getting married on a friday in october the other end of the country, so i’d need the friday & saturday off work for it. I worked it out and my day off that week falls on the friday, so i just need the saturday off.

I applied for the saturday off and as expected it got rejected. I’ve asked people if they’d work it but again as expected, nobody wants to.

Is there anything i can do to get it off - do RM do unpaid leave or anything? I won’t be missing this wedding but i want to do it legitimately really, don’t wanna be an ass and pull a sickie or anything.
DGH
Posts: 710
Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
Gender: Male
Location: Neither here nor there

Holiday request rejected - anything i can do?

Post by DGH »

mattandbenny wrote:So a friend is getting married on a friday in october the other end of the country, so i’d need the friday & saturday off work for it. I worked it out and my day off that week falls on the friday, so i just need the saturday off.

I applied for the saturday off and as expected it got rejected. I’ve asked people if they’d work it but again as expected, nobody wants to.

Is there anything i can do to get it off - do RM do unpaid leave or anything? I won’t be missing this wedding but i want to do it legitimately really, don’t wanna be an ass and pull a sickie or anything.
Can you swap a Saturday that you have off? Either with a colleague or just a rota day swap?
Yamr1
Posts: 625
Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
Gender: Female

Holiday request rejected - anything i can do?

Post by Yamr1 »

Reasonable effort should be made to meet particular personal requirements,
including requests from employees seeking time off to pray or participate in
religious and cultural festivals or to attend important family events.


October f**k me and they can't accommodate this request.

Has anyone else applied for that date.

Company's turning into a joke

If know one else hasn't applied for that day go see the rep.
If no joy

Take out a greivence
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32801
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Holiday request rejected - anything i can do?

Post by POSTMAN »

Is unbelievable, nice workmates as well!
Double check that the week is not full, if it isn't take it further.
If it is full, ask for it unpaid.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Holiday request rejected - anything i can do?

Post by Navalron »

You can't go sick now as the lino will know it's a Gillette after trying to get the day off. I would have just went sick anyway for a few days before and after and go back before the stage 1 issue, 10 days in a row, or it was. :thumbup
chickenwittle
Posts: 2095
Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
Gender: Male

Holiday request rejected - anything i can do?

Post by chickenwittle »

Navalron wrote:You can't go sick now as the lino will know it's a Gillette after trying to get the day off. I would have just went sick anyway for a few days before and after and go back before the stage 1 issue, 10 days in a row, or it was. :thumbup
He could still go sick , yes it would look dodgy but they couldn’t prove anything , happened plenty of times in my office.Its a reasonable request giving plenty of notice and they wonder why sick levels are so high .
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3221
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Holiday request rejected - anything i can do?

Post by Acca Dacca »

Offer to work a Saturday for someone AND bung them a few bob
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
empireboy
Posts: 14
Joined: 11 Oct 2012, 17:05
Gender: Male

Holiday request rejected - anything i can do?

Post by empireboy »

I put in for a Wednesday and was denied so I reapplied again 10 days later and was granted it. So just try again and again. Just assume (far stretch I know) that everyone is an idiot. :nana
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Holiday request rejected - anything i can do?

Post by rambo1 »

empireboy wrote:I put in for a Wednesday and was denied so I reapplied again 10 days later and was granted it. So just try again and again. Just assume (far stretch I know) that everyone is an idiot. :nana
You mean like Theresa May? Lol
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Holiday request rejected - anything i can do?

Post by scoobydo79 »

Every one has a price.Find a docket grabber and offer them cash to work the day for You.Bet You they say yes.
pmacca3
Posts: 11
Joined: 03 Oct 2014, 19:45
Gender: Male

Holiday request rejected - anything i can do?

Post by pmacca3 »

Swap one of your weeks off for that week ?
Yamr1
Posts: 625
Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
Gender: Female

Holiday request rejected - anything i can do?

Post by Yamr1 »

Swap f**k all
If your owed a day fight for it.
Why swap days off for lazy arse managers if your owed days.
Yamr1
Posts: 625
Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
Gender: Female

Holiday request rejected - anything i can do?

Post by Yamr1 »

Swap f**k all
If your owed a day fight for it.
Why swap days off for lazy arse managers if your owed days.
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Holiday request rejected - anything i can do?

Post by twoloops »

Octobers 7 months away that is more than enough time to give RM, call HR 0345 6060603 tell them how much grief & anxiety it is causing you at home, then thank me later, enjoy the wedding mate. :thumbup
Stammerking
Posts: 208
Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 20:58

Holiday request rejected - anything i can do?

Post by Stammerking »

Applied for a Saturday off next week as there are 5 holiday slots empty and I wanted to take my last remaining day off for this year off I am Friday off so asked for the Saturday got told no you have to give us two weeks !!!!!!
Cannot wait to they come up to me asking me to work my day off with only a couple of days notice :nana