ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Pay offs
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Pay offs
Scanned toms of RM related news, the only thing that approaches this scenario is the proposed lapsing of every 6th duty and the creation of dedicated oversize oarcel duties mentioned in the business' 5 year plan.
Can't see it happening purely as taking about 12 parcels from a pair of duties doesn't enable another 150 calls per person.
Can't see it happening purely as taking about 12 parcels from a pair of duties doesn't enable another 150 calls per person.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Pay offs
zero chance this will happen, do you realise how much it would cost to "pay off" 1/5th of the workforce ?
They may look to decrease the amount of employees by 1/5th but they would do this in the most part by stopping employing people and waiting for people to leave for other reasons.
They may look to decrease the amount of employees by 1/5th but they would do this in the most part by stopping employing people and waiting for people to leave for other reasons.
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Pay offs
Well in the scenario I mentioned earlier the lapsed duty holder would become the parcel duty driver. And as for the cost of pay offs, I'm sure we have all read about the savings to be made by 'managing' people out of the business.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3221
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Pay offs
What happens to his partner if he is a non driver?Sir Henry wrote:Well in the scenario I mentioned earlier the lapsed duty holder would become the parcel duty driver. And as for the cost of pay offs, I'm sure we have all read about the savings to be made by 'managing' people out of the business.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
DGH
- Posts: 710
- Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
- Gender: Male
- Location: Neither here nor there
Pay offs
Presumably he'll be able to pick any non-driving vacant duty. Or become a reserve. It's what happened to duty holders whose jobs were lapsed almost permanently. I suppose the duty changes might be significant enough to trigger a resign, but I can't imagine RM wanting that upheaval.Acca Dacca wrote:
What happens to his partner if he is a non driver?
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3221
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Pay offs
No mights about it - it'd have toDGH wrote:Presumably he'll be able to pick any non-driving vacant duty. Or become a reserve. It's what happened to duty holders whose jobs were lapsed almost permanently. I suppose the duty changes might be significant enough to trigger a resign, but I can't imagine RM wanting that upheaval.Acca Dacca wrote:
What happens to his partner if he is a non driver?
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
theteddy007
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 19 Nov 2012, 15:29
- Gender: Male
-
30+YEARMAN
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Pay offs
They will have to use one of those E bikes !Acca Dacca wrote:What happens to his partner if he is a non driver?Sir Henry wrote:Well in the scenario I mentioned earlier the lapsed duty holder would become the parcel duty driver. And as for the cost of pay offs, I'm sure we have all read about the savings to be made by 'managing' people out of the business.
-
Marshamp11
- Posts: 437
- Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Pay offs
I was led to believe that 33% of the office had to change to trigger a resign.Acca Dacca wrote:No mights about it - it'd have toDGH wrote:Presumably he'll be able to pick any non-driving vacant duty. Or become a reserve. It's what happened to duty holders whose jobs were lapsed almost permanently. I suppose the duty changes might be significant enough to trigger a resign, but I can't imagine RM wanting that upheaval.Acca Dacca wrote:
What happens to his partner if he is a non driver?