ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Navigation Running in the background on the PDA all the time

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
gmf_uk
Posts: 12
Joined: 04 Apr 2018, 12:47
Gender: Male

Navigation Running in the background on the PDA all the time

Post by gmf_uk »

I have noticed that the navigation is running all the time now on the PDA's, whats the reason for this? I cant seem to get it to stop even with a reboot/battery out.

I assume its collecting Data along with the actuals?
Sputters2017
Posts: 79
Joined: 08 Aug 2017, 16:12
Gender: Male

Navigation Running in the background on the PDA all the time

Post by Sputters2017 »

gmf_uk wrote:I have noticed that the navigation is running all the time now on the PDA's, whats the reason for this? I cant seem to get it to stop even with a reboot/battery out.

I assume its collecting Data along with the actuals?
I have noticed this too it also shows your speed in real time
gmf_uk
Posts: 12
Joined: 04 Apr 2018, 12:47
Gender: Male

Navigation Running in the background on the PDA all the time

Post by gmf_uk »

Sputters2017 wrote:I have noticed this too it also shows your speed in real time
yes indeed it does! i assume all this data is getting gathered up
abuch1980
Posts: 226
Joined: 13 Dec 2011, 12:30
Gender: Male

Navigation Running in the background on the PDA all the time

Post by abuch1980 »

It will surely run down the battery quicker!
apple
Posts: 496
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 17:13
Gender: Male
Location: Pluto

Navigation Running in the background on the PDA all the time

Post by apple »

I assume its part of an update, the bluetooth was on as well, I turned that off, I am unable to find a way to turn off navigation, so I just turned it off and on again, it got rid of the navigation as well,
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Navigation Running in the background on the PDA all the time

Post by SpacePhoenix »

apple wrote:I assume its part of an update, the bluetooth was on as well, I turned that off, I am unable to find a way to turn off navigation, so I just turned it off and on again, it got rid of the navigation as well,
Don't know why the bluetooth is enabled for DOs, it's only used with the finger scanners
apple
Posts: 496
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 17:13
Gender: Male
Location: Pluto

Navigation Running in the background on the PDA all the time

Post by apple »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
apple wrote:I assume its part of an update, the bluetooth was on as well, I turned that off, I am unable to find a way to turn off navigation, so I just turned it off and on again, it got rid of the navigation as well,
Don't know why the bluetooth is enabled for DOs, it's only used with the finger scanners

it always seems to turn itself on usually after an update
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

Navigation Running in the background on the PDA all the time

Post by Justanotherstar »

You have to open the navigation and cancel the route and it stops talking to you